• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Raid0, and BSOD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

So, Lemme try to keep this simple.

My rig (in sig), Stable OC to 4.0 (i am pretty sure)
I used to run only with a WD 1TB hard drive in SATA
Now, I just installed x2 WD 320GB HD's in RAID0, and installed Windows 7 ult x64

Everything is smooth, and i can sorta "Dual boot" to either RAID0 or Regular just by going into BIOS and setting Raid or not for the respective drives until i get all my settings to and progs installed and ironed out similar to how my 1TB is set up, then i can wipe it and use it as my back up... but before i do this is what happend:

i was playing Call of Duty MW2, and i got a random BSOD 00007D 2 times in a row 10 min or so into both rounds after i rebooted back into the game... i have seen it before while overclocking, but i have not seen it since i went to RAID0, so either my OC is bad, or my RAID is bad... as we speak, i have tweaked some settings with my ram timings (back to auto) and i am running prime95 to help rule out the OC if it was an issue

But if its the HD's is it just a defunct RAID setup? I have NEVER installed a RAID before so dunno if i messed up... or am forgetting something.

Also, my computer had or still has problems going into sleep mode ever since i installed this RAID0 too, i will test that out more...

OP
Norcalsteve

Norcalsteve

Disregard, it was my OC not my RAID0... sorry to jump to conclusions and clog the forum with my incompetence!

Last edited: