• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New RAM - No Errors - How Do I Know If Running At Max Efficiency?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

del2187

Registered
I recently had a post going about issues/errors I was having with my RAM. I finally got that resolved with IBuyPower and got new RAM I now have installed and have passed the tests with no errors.

My question is, how do I know if I have everything set to get the most out of it?

RAM: cmk32gx4m2b3200c16

CPU-Z: Memory and SPD screenshots below, any help appreciated!

Memory.JPG Speed.JPG

Once I can make sure I have the RAM at the best settings I would like to discuss making some tweaks/overclocking for the CPU if anyone is interested in trying to guide through that.

Total newbie here, but interested to learn.

Regards

Last edited:
Thanks for that!

I am very intimidated by trying to do overclocking in the BIOS even though I have read through that article now a couple times.

I have looked into the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility but it confuses me. I run the benchmark, image below, and HWBOT says I am running at 4200 MHz, but I haven't done any adjustments?
4200.JPG

Then my next question is when I go back to that part on XTU, image below, it gives me two bars, Processor Core Ratio and Processor Cache Ratio. Is boosting performance for me as simple as upping those sliders and 'applying'? If so, what should I try to move them to and what should I be monitoring as I continue to increase? I am sure none of you would consider using this app over changing in BIOS so may not be able to help, but changing things in BIOS and potentially crashing and hurting things has me worried about doing it that way, if there is an error do I have to fully re-install Windows over and over?
Overclock.JPG

I did a stress test in XTU and was looking at the package temperature when it was running at 100% max utilization and it was climbing to 100 C.

I was shocked as I thought my watercooling was a pretty high end one: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i PRO 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooling System

However, I have no idea to tell if it is working correctly, CPUID says all my fans have RPM's but when I look in iCUE it clearly looks like the pump is running but not the fans, image below:
fans.JPG

I have checked this running the stress test and the fans never change in RPM so I don't think they are working or on, the pump goes up 2000+ RPM from essentially idling to doing the stress test but nothing from the fans.

This seems very odd. If this is something I should be taking over to the cooling thread let me know, I just thought it'd be easiest to see if anyone here had suggestions first.

And when I in iCUE try to set them to run at max speed I still so not change in the RPM for the fans?
fans2.JPG

Are the fans running?

That said, a 2x120mm radiator on this CPU isn't much. :)

I'm not surprised temps are reaching 100C on that AIO.

I don't think they are running, doing another test now and in iCUE the fans are still at 0 RPM but the pump RPM is 2100.

Back