• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new roomate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziah

i finally got my 400n pro2. just wanted to say hi and now im going to read the forums. i formatted and reinstalled winxp sp1 and now im just restoring all my old stuff and reinstalling software. there are a few things that are bugging me (a 2 minute pause when the "loading xp screen pops up and the fact that my cpu is underclocked") but thats part of the fun of new MB's. im ordering a 2500 barton friday. so far this seems like a great MB. i cant wait to get working with it.

~z

---edit---

troubleshot and fixed both problems in a few minutes. turning on the clk_sw fixed the cpu and unplugging my vintage 12x cdrom drive fixed the hanging. this bad boy is peppy now. i dig this board!! ctrl+f1 does not bring up a menu. instead it looks as if they have edited the bios because all the fsb and multiplier and voltage settings are in the main bios now. im not sure if the gigabit lan is doing anything on my non gigabit cable modem but i went from a 1200k connection to a 2700k connection. im not complaining.

---edit---

Last edited:

3sixes

ziah,
Cool dude, glad your up and running:)
And if you come up with any questions I can help you with just holla:D

When you get the time, could you participate in the gigabyte polls?, we are trying to gather user experiences hopefully to help giga produce better enthusiast products.

Laterz,
3sixes -aka- dafanman

OP
Z

ziah

definilty. once i have some time to get a good feel for this board i will do what i can to help.

~z

3sixes

ziah,
If you get time sometimes, Just out of curiosity what are the specs for your fortron 350?