• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Ryzen computer - 3200 RAM only runs 2133 (Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pnd

Registered
Hi everyone,

I just finished assembling my new computer, and are having a bit issues getting the full performance. I haven't owned a PC for quite a few years, so excuse me if the answers are obvious. I don't really know what to look for :( My RAM seems to only want to run at 2133MHz. If I enable the XMP profile, the computer goes into a beeping loop for a few minutes until it boots.

-Can anyone help me me how to set up this system to achieve max performance from my RAM?
-Can anyone help me what to set to get a mild overclock on my CPU, without going too crazy?

Setup is: Motherboard: GIGABYTE AB-350 Gaming 3
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Cooler: Stock AMD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED Red DDR4-3200 DC - 16GB (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R)
GFX: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 AORUS Xtreme - 6GB
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ

Hope someone can help me!

I have similar problem. I just updated from x99 6950x to x299 7980xe with the same memory modules. If is use 2133 with 1.2v everything works fine. But when I enable XMP or manualy set to 3200mhz with 1.35v. The system wil freeze after 15 seconds. It doesn't matter if I boot windows or stay on bios, still freezes and cant use restart, I have to hold power button.

On Ryzen 16GB modules are not really working above 2666. In my sig is link to my memory tests. There are 2 or 3 2x16GB kits which could run at 2666 on Ryzen without issues. I'm not sure what is under the heatsinks in that Corsair kit but Corsair in general is known to cause issues on many motherboards and especially Gigabyte motherboards. I can be wrong in this case as I had no chance to test it but I had no issues with the same Gigabyte motherboard and Crucial, Kingston, GSkill, Patriot and SuperTalent memory kits. However only Crucial kits were based on 16GB modules and all of them were Microns.

XMP profiles probably won't work on Ryzen but on Intel should run fine if all other settings are correct. Again in my sig is Ballistix 4x16GB 3000 kit which runs without issues at 3600 on ASUS X299. If XMP is not working on X299 then you have to manually play with settings and I bet it will work if there are no issues with BIOS. Memory controller is strong enough to run at auto voltages so it's only matter of memory and BIOS.

Back