• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new SATA drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kampfturke

I feel really stupid, but after 5 hours I guess its best to admit I need help

I bought a new HDD 3.5" WD SE16 320GB WD3200KS/AAKS 7200U/m 16MB
ie a SATA drive from Western Digital

So I plugged it in and formatted the drive. then windows did its thing where after the format it copies files ready for the restart which takes it to the windows install

well after that it just jumps straight back to the beginning and...

well what am I doing wrong? Am I making a basic error? Any help would be appreciated

and this is my first SATA drive

well after that it just jumps straight back to the beginning and...
Right back to the beginning of what? The install? If it is then either remove the Windows DVD or change the boot priorities in the BIOS.

i mostly understand, just don't press a key when it asks you to press one after you have started the setup. the only time you press a key is the FIRST time you start it. re-format the drive and install windows again, leave the computer alone until it asks you to make a user account. if i'm wrong i would feel really stupid :(

thanks for the replies guys
I did all these things before and thats why I posted on here, I have reformatted quite a few times with different pcs/hdds
I just thought maybe someone else had a similar problem
will get a different windows cd and see it that was the problem

Back