• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SL6RZ spotted....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry

Saw 8 trays of these at work tonight...

2.40GHZ/512/533
SL6RZ CHINA
5312A***-***

Weird... eh?

preacher

i have to say i+ve never bought anything but junk from china this is a bad thing in my opinion....everybody has a plant in china and everyone has crap comming out of their china plants .....need an example look at any company that has put a plant in china ............wow .....things are going from good to rotten quickly......japan has re4centlyb switched many plants from japan to china ......guess what the japanese are smart enough not to buy from these factories.....jvc aiwa sony motorolaetc. etc....junk junk junk

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
Ditto. I'm curious myself.

I ordered a new P4 2.4C, but I have 3 P4 capable machines
right now, so I could always use good overclockers!

AZN

AznSniper
Terry said:
Saw 8 trays of these at work tonight...

2.40GHZ/512/533
SL6RZ CHINA
5312A***-***

Weird... eh?
just what is it that u do terry?

OP
Terry

Terry

I work for HP [Hewlett Packard]. Used to be Compaq but when the HP/COmpaq merger happened last year it is officially HP now.

BTW I have seen so many 800mhz P4s there already you would not believe it. We are in full scale production of three models with Canterwood/Springdale boards in PCs and Workstations.

Maxvla

Terry said:
I work for HP [Hewlett Packard]. Used to be Compaq but when the HP/COmpaq merger happened last year it is officially HP now.

BTW I have seen so many 800mhz P4s there already you would not believe it. We are in full scale production of three models with Canterwood/Springdale boards in PCs and Workstations.
oh. somehow i got it in my head that you worked for [H]. i appoligize for my mistake.

lyle

Interesting, have you had the opportunity to test one out yet? We need to know, and you just happen to be the one...also, sent you an e-mail.

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
Terry, you work for HP? LOL Me too!

I'm in the Chicago area. I'm a Field Engineer from the Compaq
side, now HP Side. Pretty cool.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Weird - I can't find anything about an Intel fab in China, only marketing and some research facilities.

oops

preacher said:
i have to say i+ve never bought anything but junk from china this is a bad thing in my opinion....everybody has a plant in china and everyone has crap comming out of their china plants .....need an example look at any company that has put a plant in china ............wow .....things are going from good to rotten quickly......japan has re4centlyb switched many plants from japan to china ......guess what the japanese are smart enough not to buy from these factories.....jvc aiwa sony motorolaetc. etc....junk junk junk

check out every piece of the hardware in your system, see how many stuff has "Made in China".

I mostly buy all the computer parts from newegg, many of them has "Made in China" on them. I can think about many things right now, Logitech Z560, Klipsch THX Promedia 5.1, IBM P96 Trinitron, ATI Radeon 9700PRO, Audigy 2, Antec SOHO File server case with 480W power supply, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, all these have "Made in China" on them. So what's your problem with China? Anything you bought "Made in China" has ****ed you off?

I smell politics here ...

Correct me if i am wrong, you are not an American, or a Japanese :) Do you know how many products both countries import from China every year? If ppl like you said are "smart enough not to buy", then why the import isn't stopping? I guess ppl are "dumb" then :)

As for Intel produce chips in China, it's not news any more. It has been over 5 years since I first heard about Intel chips produced Shanghai. Also Intel has some research labs in China, where they hire Chinese engineers to help to develop new chips. Intel's chips isn't completely designed by American engineers...

Last edited:

AZN

AznSniper
preacher said:
just curious, who do u think makes the good stuff?

ol' man

AZN said:

just curious, who do u think makes the good stuff?

South Korea:D

Kidding, my wife is from S. Korea. Had to give that a plug:G

Yeah I think this guy is way off base here. Alot of "good" stuff comes from China.