• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SLK800 + 2400 = 50C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As3 isnt a must... Itll drop prolly 2-3 c but at 33 celcius, i wouldnt worry about it. Glad i could help. Also, i would recommend a Ys-Tech TDK fan... they push about 40 cfm and they make only a humming noise... i have one on my slk-700 right now and when i turn it down with my fan speed controller i cant hear it and its still pushing what i would guess is 35 cfm....

As for 50 c on an xp, dont worry about it... You could probably to 60-62 Celcius before you start questioning the lifespan... Consider the 50 celcius burning in. =D

i couldn't stand the tornado either even when i 9 volted it (it wouldn't start spinning when i turned on the comp when i 7 volted it). I decided to buy the delta 80mm 45 cfm fan. It looks just like a tornado, i believe its from the same family of fans, and lacks the tornado's delightful hairdryer noise. With the tornado in i couldn't hear my microwave, lol. anyways, i think that this fan is a good tradeoff for noise and cooling capability.

possessed3000 said:
dunno, the tornado is has an high power consuption (does this word exists, can't remember? :p) anywayz it consumes 9.1W that for many fan controlers is too much

I use the Vantec Nexus with my Tornado. The left most controller is for high power fans. Works great.

Lapping the SLK800 and using AS3 will decrease your CPU temp. with 4-8C.

Try a TT Smart Case Fan2 75.7CFM at 4800Rpm and 48dB..this one has an adjustable fan speed. :)

jonspd said:
for thermal paste get some as3 also known as artic silver 3

Be sure to ask for ARCTIC Silver 3 and not Artic Silver.
If you check the official AS3 site you'll see that tubes bearing the name Artic Silver with a red cap are fake.
Damn fakers :mad:

altec said:
Does the TT Smart Fan2 really move 75CFM of air on it's highest speed? Isn't that the same as a tornado?

That is true according to the TT SFII spec at 4800 rpm, 75.7 CFM to be exact. That is why I think it is very flexible for both high CFM and quietness,

Vantec Tornado would be 84.1 CFM 5700 rpm, like standing next to a jet engine running.

The tornado's are loud. I have a 68CFM Delta fan and that thing is a beast. I can hear it downstairs with my door closed. I may have to look into getting one of those TT SF 2's.

My temps

Guys I'm running a SK7 with a YS-Tech 40cfm fan along with all rounded cables in a Antec 1000 case so I have 5 case fans in total. My system temp doesnt go above 28c, but the lowest I can get my CPU to go is 43c, even at stock speeds & I'm using Arctic Alumina Ceramic , which I thought was the best stuff to use. Other guys temps seem lower, wonder why ?

altec said:
The tornado's are loud. I have a 68CFM Delta fan and that thing is a beast. I can hear it downstairs with my door closed. I may have to look into getting one of those TT SF 2's.

For the cooling you get, the TT SF II's are pretty good. Sometimes I do think it's noisy but most of those times my cover is off.

When I have everything hooked up it doesn't bother me too much.

I dont know about you guy´s but i am listening to musiv all the time when my comp is on..except when i am palying. :)

Just turn up the volume and you never hear that fan. :)

Netcon said:
I dont know about you guy´s but i am listening to musiv all the time when my comp is on..except when i am palying. :)

Just turn up the volume and you never hear that fan. :)

It depends on what kind of music.

If the music is always loud above certain level, then the fan noise may not be heard and bordering.

If it is like classical music, sometime soft (painissimo), sometime loud (fortissimo), then the fan may still be bordering.

Back