• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Coop is where it shines. Nothing like getting sweet revenge for that bast@rd stealing your penguin suit by throwing him into that pit-o-lava. BTW my buddies and I are on the 4th world and have already blown through 200+ lives combined. We don't communicate very well lol.

Coop is where it shines. Nothing like getting sweet revenge for that bast@rd stealing your penguin suit by throwing him into that pit-o-lava. BTW my buddies and I are on the 4th world and have already blown through 200+ lives combined. We don't communicate very well lol.

Hahaha!!

That was what my brother was like when we played lego star wars... on the odd occasion i was stuck as R2-D2 he would wait till i was close to an edge and force push me off it.... git... :D

finish the game few days ago, and now to be able to get to the levels in world 9, you have to get all the big coins on all the previous worlds :S im in 9.5 now... coins in world 6 are veryyy hard to get

dont know who read the booklet. but if your partner picks you up to throw you down a hole, press A it will bubble you as if you are coming back from a death. :)

You can play this w/ the Wii-mote turned sideways ala the original NES controller. You have to shake the Wii-mote for certain special actions, but it's still the basic speed-boost and jump for the 1 & 2 buttons. This is my favorite!

Or

You can use the Wii-mote + nunchuck, and use the joystick to move around and the A & B buttons on the Wii-mote for speed and jump. I tried this, but kept getting the A & B buttons mixed up since it's not the usual system of using my thumb for both buttons like on the original NES and SNES games.

You cannot use the classic controller or a gamecube controller b/c the Wii-mote sensors are integral to certain actions in the game. You can tilt certain platforms and cannons by tilting the Wii-mote, and you can do certain tricks and attacks by shacking the Wii-mote.

I've been having a lot of fun w/ this game. I just got to World 7 last night. I've found a few secret cannons, so technically I'm on World 8, but I've been going back and beating every level possible, and trying to get as much of the coins and powerups along the way.

You can go to the Princess castle and spend your Star Coins to see some hints as to where the secret goals are, you can also watch some amazing footage of 'perfect' runs that are pretty cool, and you can learn how and where to earn infinite lives if you're into that.

Playing multiplayer is a great addition. I wish they had more of a battle mode (I haven't tried the coin battle thing yet, though). I was thinking of doing a house-rules kind of thing where you create 2 teams. Mario & Luigi vs the Toads. Mario & Luigi try to reach the goal before losing all their lives, and the Toads try to kill them. Then do vice-versa.

In multi-player co-op if you don't work together and take turns it turns into an unintentional kill fest! Oh, and if you're the last guy left (or everyone else is in a bubble) and you press A to go inside the bubble you all lose and have to start the level over.

I love bouncing on the heads of my co-players, and it's also cool that you can pick your co-players up, and throw them. You can also swallow them w/ your Yoshi and spit them back out.

i just got to play this game with my sister and i was surprised multi player was actually quite fun... i bought this game mainly for single player and not giving any thoughts on multi player, but we got to play it when my sister came over... there are some stages where i can do it much faster with only one player, but there are also a few stages where playing co-op got us through a stage especially when we can use the "bubble bail out" when either of us gets into trouble... some of the more harder jumps on small platforms, especially some on the ice world, i found it easier to just carry my sister and run through quickly, jumping over gaps instead of us waiting for each other and cramming on tiny platforms... 2 players was starting to get crowded... i can only imagine how 4 players would be like...

I got the game for my brother for Christmas and played the multiplayer for the first time. I really don't see why people think that the multiplayer is so great. It also sucks that player one is stuck with Mario.

I got the game for my brother for Christmas and played the multiplayer for the first time. I really don't see why people think that the multiplayer is so great. It also sucks that player one is stuck with Mario.

It's the Wii! They're lucky to get ANYTHING!

Imagine if the multiplayer were ONLINE multiplayer...

Ahhh... It's the late 90's all over again. :)

Back