• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System is on the Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhasher

Hello All,

Well, my system is on its way and I am just looking for any critiques or "what were you thinking" comments. I've based my decisions on a lot of advice here. If anyone has any of this hardware and have tips to offer I would appreciate it. I'm hoping everything below will be enough to get started as soon as it comes in. Thank you all in advance!

EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - Retail

Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ400G1N2Z Mid ... - Retail

CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50-1 120mm High Performance CPU

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor

EVGA 01G-P3-1190-TR GeForce GTX 285 Classified 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - OEM

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

psionic98

nice.. im in the process of getting parts for a i7 build myself.. set a goal of 1k.. closing in on it too.. just cant do the straight BUY IT NOW routine which is killing me!

g/l!

OP
M

madhasher

My old rig just died and the boss decided to help me out on the new one. I have to say I'm on the edge of my seat right now not getting much done :)

OP
M

madhasher

Ah yes, forgot to mention. I have a high end PSU from my last machine and will be using that. Will be using my old storage drives as well.

I already have the SSD firmware update ready to go if that will be necessary. Not sure if it will come preloaded now or not. I have never had anything close to 12g of memory so crossing my fingers that will go smoothly.

bda1967

nice.. im in the process of getting parts for a i7 build myself.. set a goal of 1k.. closing in on it too.. just cant do the straight BUY IT NOW routine which is killing me!

g/l!

I hear ya. I just need to get my RAM and cpu cooler and I'll be set to tear down the old rig for the case, PSU and HDD's. :DIf it weren't for the Christmas shopping that still needs to be done, I'd have them by now.:bang head

J-O_S-H

I know what you guys are talking about... I'm in the middle of buiding one too (i7 rig)... I hate not being able to buy everything at once...

waiting for my RAM to arrive

Still have to buy Motherboard and HDD

If I didn't have to buy Xmas Presents it would have been finished by now and I could have started my watercooling... which now won't be finished until around February.

*sigh*

psionic98

my build IS my christmast present.. well that and bday in early jan.. which is why im waiting to let others give me money to pay for it and wait for some post-christmas sales.. though i found out my local best buy has a corsair 620HX for 100, but were out currently.. they wouldn't raincheck it.. pain in the butt!