• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maceox

Registered
Can someone explain why the classified board is much more expensive? Is it worth the price boost? I will be running 2 X 260 Sli and an i-7 920 cpu

EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Core i7, 3-Way SLI & Crossfire Ready, E-LEET OC Utility(limit 5 per customer)
$249 after rebate

EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI + PhysX 1366 Intel X58 EATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
3 Way SLI, Digital PWM, E-Leet Utility and Vdroop control(limit 5 per customer)
$374 after rebate.

J-O_S-H

Can someone explain why the classified board is much more expensive? Is it worth the price boost? I will be running 2 X 260 Sli and an i-7 920 cpu

EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Core i7, 3-Way SLI & Crossfire Ready, E-LEET OC Utility(limit 5 per customer)
$249 after rebate

EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI + PhysX 1366 Intel X58 EATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
3 Way SLI, Digital PWM, E-Leet Utility and Vdroop control(limit 5 per customer)
$374 after rebate.

Classified is only worth it if you are benching with extreme cooling or can actually take advantage of all the PCI-E slots.

If you want to spend that much on a motherboard I would reccommend the ASUS Rampage II extreme... or even the new gigabyte UD7 with SATA + USB 3

fire2havoc

Classified with the NF200 is only worth it if you're going to use watercooling. Otherwise, it's more than the typical user will need. The EVGA E758-A1 is a very good board and shouldn't limit your system in any way.