• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New team 32 100k member.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Well it seemed to take forever but I finally crossed over that barrier and now on to top 1000 world wide.

I'm pumping out well over 4k ppw now and still barely moving up. A year ago I would have been a monster threat but now I'm just slightly below average for the top 100 page. I can't imagine what the competition will be like a year from now :eek:

walaka7

Nice going!! Its been a long time coming for both of us. /me hands AF a :beer: ,been saving this one for ya for when you crested 100k. CHEERS!

a year from now we'll have to be running dual opterons, bout 10 of them, to maintain a scalable threat :D

stan03

congrats!

what about penitium Ms? are those good at folding? cause they seem to tear up seti...

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
If I end up getting Noconas for my Iwill DH800, I'll use my M0 Prestionias in an Asus PC-DL. I might also have at least one AMD64 SSF or P4 mATX box as a folding HTPC. That might get me in the top 50.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Kinda funny how lots of people I recently passed blew by me not too long ago.

Reminds me of the Tortoise and the Hare fable.

The guy I most admire is Lews. He just keeps plugging away and he still is well into the top ten. He has two to three times the WUs under his belt as those around him so you know he crunched a lot of those itty bitty 6 point tinkers that took days to complete. He did this for a long time before the recent high-point Double Gromacs, Gromacs and newly adjusted Tinkers.

stan03

when where there 6 point tinkers that took days? are you talking from when folding started or what?

belorsch

Folding Monk
Audio, WTG Man! The second 100K should be quicker for ya:)

Fast420a, Sorry to hear about the loss. On the bright side I see your overtake date of moi is moving further and further away ;)

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Well I did a couple of those future predictions in my EOCC stats page and I'm going to stall out in about 4 months in the mid 60s. So I have no choice but to get some more folding power soon...

Another Xeon duallie and 3GHz P4 ought to double it. Of course I could build several layers for the price of even a cheap Xeon duallie that would do better than the 3k ppw it produces.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Update: I'm in the top 1000 world wide now.

Now I have to build another rig or two so I can get into the top 50 or maybe even the top 25 of T32.