• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New TH7II BIOS fix 1066 memory problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

Don't you hate it when you have a question but it's short enough to fit in the subject line? Anyway to repeat myself & elaborate..

I have a TH7II-RAID and am currently running PC800 Rambus in it with a 400fsb CPU. Back when I first found OC.com looking for specific information on my board & it's upgradeablity I stumbled on you guys having problems with your 1066 RIMMS. :( You know, the whole problem with having to swap out PC800 with the PC1066 when you get a certain boot error, then switching back.. but since then there has been a new BIOS released for the board, the BF bios.. does this BIOS fix that problem?

Gnerma said:
Don't you hate it when you have a question but it's short enough to fit in the subject line? Anyway to repeat myself & elaborate..

I have a TH7II-RAID and am currently running PC800 Rambus in it with a 400fsb CPU. Back when I first found OC.com looking for specific information on my board & it's upgradeablity I stumbled on you guys having problems with your 1066 RIMMS. :( You know, the whole problem with having to swap out PC800 with the PC1066 when you get a certain boot error, then switching back.. but since then there has been a new BIOS released for the board, the BF bios.. does this BIOS fix that problem?

Setting the multiplier of the rimm to 400 and not AUTO, thus dovvrebbe to work with bios Abit BF... :)

BUT

WinXP still doesn't recognize the full amount of 1066 memory. My WinXP Pro SP1 always called my 512mb of Samsung 1066 "192mb", and hence my programs never benefitted from the full amount.

Sent the stuff back to Mushkin, especially when it overclocked WORSE than my 16-device PC800 256mb or 8-device 128's.

Johnny mo

Well, if you want to call that 'fixed' then, uh, yes.

Personally, I'd rather call it 'spayed' or 'neutered'.

Johnny Mo

Yeah, I guess I'm just gonna have to get some better PC800 and O/C it... not much headroom though if I buy a B chip..

Back