• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to EPOX...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Basically, I have been out of the loop for about 6 months.
(different thread) ;)
With all the "newer" CPU's coming out, and the "B's" looking
pretty good at the moment....

I was wondering, How are the KT400? chipset mobos?
Does Epox have 1 that is pretty good?

I am looking for stability, (aren't we all) -(wifes machine)
Something that will O/C without mega V-mod.
And easy, jumperless settings.

Thanks.

:cool:

Top Hat Theater

The KT400 is an okay chipset if you're using a Tbred as it automatically unlocks the chip. I believe EpoX has a KT400 board, the 8K9A or somethin' like that. I personally would wait for the nForce2 boards which are supposed to hit the market by the end of this month. They're faster and from what I've read, support locked PCI/AGP. If EpoX continues to cater to us overclockers, the boards will have great voltage options (2.2 Vcore, 3.2 Vdimm) without any modding necessary.

~THT

none1

I just got the no frills 8k9a, hope to post some results this weekend.

NOTE, the tbredB comes unlocked, most motherboards can select any multi over 12.5. BUTT...... only some, OF THE KT400, can give you access to the lower multis in the bios. I have seen folks with the abit and the asus can get the lower multis in bios with no chip work. I have seen folks with the MSI KT400 who CAN NOT get the lower multis unless they connect L3.

I am not sure, looking for confirmation, if the epox kt400 gives the lower multis with no chip work.

Good luck!

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Not too certain....I usually only get into details for the stuff I have, and sort of general knowledge of newer stuff.
My Epox boards are all 8KHA+s.

But I did read a review on the 8K9a, and from that one review (not much to go on) it looks promising!

Perhaps Epox wants to keep setting the standards for Overclocking with the KT400 chipsets as it did with 333 and 266a :D

So far most of the results I've heard of show most 333 boards generally doing as well or better than the 400s for overclocking.

Still waiting for Nforce2s.....and waiting....;)

OP
WarriorII

WarriorII

Moderator #666
But I did read a review on the 8K9a, and from that one review (not much to go on) it looks promising!

Perhaps Epox wants to keep setting the standards for Overclocking with the KT400 chipsets as it did with 333 and 266a

So far most of the results I've heard of show most 333 boards generally doing as well or better than the 400s for overclocking.

Still waiting for Nforce2s.....and waiting....

Where did you find the review?
I have not owned any EPOX mobos,
did some research into them when the 8kha's came out.
I saw all the head-aches and stayed away.

-I should have just waited 30 more days...

So the EPOX's are very good for O/C'n ?
with or without V-mod's?

Any info is appreciated.
Thanx,
:cool: