• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

italiandiesel

Registered
well i got it to work the first time, and i studdered to realize it took 9 hrs. Well anyway, it doesnt want to work anymore and i am pretty much a noob with this program(s). I was hoping some1 could help me with [email protected] and Electron Mag III. Also, how do i make a [email protected] user name so i can get my stats on the page.

Well thanks :D

axlecrusher

What seems to be the problem you are having, also what client are you using? To get your username, simply pick it in the client, when you return a WU you will show up in the stats after a few hours.

WELCOME TO THE FOLD!

Axle

OP
I

italiandiesel

Registered
i had the one from this site, but i went to stanford and got the v.4. It looks better with the GUI. But the prob is, it doesnt look like it works, it never reaches 1% or anything or begins. :(

axlecrusher

How long do you let it work before you determine that it's not working? Check your CPU usage too, FAH should take all the spare cycles. It can take a long time to make progress.

Axle

OP
I

italiandiesel

Registered
i waited about 30 mins, its says 100%.... I have an amd xp @ 2.3 ghz... it shoudlnt take 30 mins to show a 1% cause when it was working, it did 1 % every 3 minutes :(. I am so confused with this lmao.

Mr. Chambers

are you using EMIII ? is that how you're coming up with the 1% done in 30 minutes?

times vary greatly from WU (work unit) to WU.. if your CPU is at 100% than it sounds like you're folding... in the task manager, does FAH show up as using most of that CPU?

OP
I

italiandiesel

Registered
yes, right now i am trying to use 4 fahs at the same time... and EMIII says that there is no end to it and no progress along with the cmd prompt.

gungeek

italiandiesel said:
gets alot more work done in a shorter amount of time

The highest performance is running 1 instance of [email protected] per processor unless a new P4 with hyperthreading then 2. Anything more adds to the system overhead and reduces cpu time for folding.

WELCOME to the FOLD!