• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to OC can you guys help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob sinister

Ok now im a newbie and i know i will probally get laughed at for asking this but here goes..ok i bought a gateway( yeah i plan on building my next one) amd athlon750 and at first it was ok now it seems slow after playing around on my friends t-bird 900 so i was looking into overclocking and ive been reading various pages etc.. and i think being money restricted right now OC is the next step.. so heres my prob.. i have a Jabil(kadoka)?? mobo with the athlon 750 i was wondering if this is overclockable at all..?? i dont want anything superfast(well i do but dont plan on adding lots extra fans and heatsinks) maybe just to 850-900..?

heres the specs on the mobo

Three memory slots, each supporting a maximum of 256-megabyte (MB) synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM)
Five PCI slots supporting 3.3-volt (V) to 5-V PCI bus interface
512-kilobyte (KB) L2 cache
200-megahertz (MHz) front side bus
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) support (Power Management support)
Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) 1x- or 2x-compatible slot
Clock speed of 100 MHz
Slot A processor socket
Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) universal slot
AMD-751 Irongate North bridge
AMD-756 Viper South bridge
ATXJ18 FLASH/PWD jumper settings
Battery
DIMM Configuration Floppy Drive Connection
IDE Connections I/O Ports
Power Connection Slot A processor socket

thats what i got off the gateway homepage

thanks for the help sorry such a long post

I don' know if u can change the multiplier on that board, but u SHOULD be able to increase the FSB, that would give u some extra MHz....
I don't know your board, but on most new boards u can change the FSB, but I'm not sure. Try someting like, 7,5 x 107= 802,5MHz or 7,5 x 109= 817MHz
Look in your motherboard manual, if u don't know how to change the FSB.

Good luck!

Back