• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HD man

I have just finished assembling my first computer which is running great. I would like to try my hand at overclocking. What I'm looking for is web sites or literature that will at least give me the basics to get started. My CPU is a AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with a Volcano 7+ fan. The MoBo is an ASUS A7V8X and I have 512mb of PC3200 mem. WD 1000jb harddrive, Radeon 9700 Pro Video, Audigy Gamer sound and an Enermax 430W PS. The case is a Directron aluminum with 5 case fans. I thought this would be a good start and hope to go to an AMD Athlon 2800 in the future.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Welcome to the Forums!

You have found the answer to all your questions;)

There are sections divided into category (as you've obviously seen posting Here :D) that can help a lot: check each area for information about the specific components you have and you will find most, if not all, of the common tips and tricks.

There are beginner's guides and stickies as well: they contain a lot of great information too, much of which I still refer to often.

One of the most valuable tools in here is the "Search" button in the upper right of your screen: you can search all the archived threads for info, but be warned that you may get a LOT of hits with some search terms (like AMD* CPU* for example!) The search feature needs at least 4 characters to search BTW, which is why I used * as a wildcard in my example.

The last piece of advice I have is to try to find the answers yourself first- if you don't understand what something means you will at least get some background and have more specific questions:D

OP
HD man

HD man

Thanks guys. I'm a reading and a linking. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions but I need to digest the guide posted by Emericana first.