• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to WaterCooling. Stuck/Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AwesomePenguin

I believe I have bitten off more than I can chew, but I'm too far in to give up now. I started this off as a gift for myself (graduation/college) and while it's been a learning experience, I'm come to a blocking point. I've only gotten this far thanks to JayzTwoCents, EKWB Configurater, and some help from my 'hardware guru' friends. I've also loosely based the setup (placement) off of the "Titanfall Parvum" build.

I pretty much only have the water-cooling and cable management left. I've installed the waterblocks, radiators, and ran an 'air cooling test' to make sure all my hardware was working.

But I have a few questions in regards to the waterloop itself. I am hoping I could get some direction/guidance, and I'll be happy to provide more information if it is required.

I am providing pictures in hopes that if I show any ignorance in jargon or know how, the pictures will give a better explanation in regards to my plight here.

fullview.jpg

1) If you notice the very bottom graphics card, I have little room for a bend, what sort of fitting would turn a sharp 90 degrees that I could attach to this waterblock. On the other end of the compression fitting I could simply attach tubing to meet up with the reservoir? There are so many 90 fittings, I want to make sure I purchase the right one, I have 16mm hard tubing.
2) I have a 3.2 DDC waterpump from EK. It has two inlet ports and an outlet port. Would it be horrible if I didn't use either inlet port and simply had the cooling enter the reservoir from the top instead?
3) I'm taking apart the GPU's to take care of the overhanging thermal pads.
4) it seems I would probably prefer some sort of 90 degree fittings for the vertical radiator as the entry/exit for the cooling is in an awkward position. Bending the tubes and putting them in there seems tricky without them (suggestions?)
5) Suggestions & Critiques are welcomed as this is my first water cooling projects.

Help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Please & Thanks.

PS (My space problem with the bottom graphics card):

graphic_space.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but you case is too small for your current build. There are no 90 degree fittings that will clear that bottom port from the 2nd video card's block. You have 2 choices to make:

1) Get a larger case

or

2) Remove 2nd video card and go with a single card setup.

Beautiful build thus far tho! :thup:

As nebulous said you will be hard pressed to fit something off of the bottom of the 2nd gpu. Can you get a measurement of how much clearance you have there it may give us a better idea of how much room you really have.

With that being said, if you parallel the 2 gpus you could have both the in and out tubing connect to the top gpu.

You know Lochekey, I overlooked the part you can parallel connect the 2 cards. Left ports in, right ports out like a U. Should work.

Gentlemen, you are amazing. I greatly appreciate the responses.

1) I believe it measures 30mm -- from the block to the floor of the case.
2) The parallel connect sounds really cool, but the compression fittings I have seem to tall for two of them to fit between the SLI configuration. I do not know if shorter compressions exist for 16mm.
3) I am wondering if this is a solution. My concern is I am unsure how it functions (in/out ports) and the multiple female entries into the block.

alternative.jpg

The top of the FC Terminal has yet another female port, but it's currently closed off. This is the same for the bottom. I believe how this works is it the cooling goes through GPU (A) and then GPU (B) before it exits entierly to the side exit under this current configuration. If this is the case, I think this would be a good solution, yes?

I do, if I may borrow the communities experience and time once again, have another question.

I wish to get a drain valve, I realize it needs to be at the lowest possible point in the loop, but I am curious in which way I ought to put the drain port in.

For example, the pump has an inlet (suction) and outlet port. Ought I be putting the drain valve on/near the outlet port or on/near the inlet port relative the the direction of flow and the pump is concerned?

I know when uploading images, they can come out sideways without you even uploading them as so. Can a mod fix these side shots? My neck is killing me. Thx

When im looking at the second picture, maybe mod the floor with hole and make a bend and let it go along, then a new hole up to reservoir ??
Or parallel it.

When im looking at the second picture, maybe mod the floor with hole and make a bend and let it go along, then a new hole up to reservoir ??
Or parallel it.

I came to something, it looks like the white bottom is actually the bottom of the case?
Just curious, what case is this?

The Case is Parvum S2.5.
I would rather not use the "block thing" I have and I like the idea of parallel, knowing what fittings to get for that. I was thinking of taking the "U" shape suggestioning Where it goes in from the top left down to the bottom graphics card. Then back up from top to bottom.
I'll attempt to adjust the image before I upload another one to save everyones neck...
noNeckPC.jpg

Last edited:
yea the "U" shape probalty the best thing, a example of watercooled Parvum S2.5
As you can see, he does the same, "U" shape:
P2600458-1919x877.jpg

Looks like a 45 degree ontop of first card (left port) and the bottom seems to be a 90 degree (right port). You cap off the top right port of first card and bottom left port of second card.

Back