• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new toy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geldib

Registered
Just ordered me a new toy :) a Albatron Ti4200 128mb (not the turbo version) can't wait to get my hands on it.... now all i need is a few more upgrades.....

xbiker321

P3's are fine in my opinion. Most games require P3's or higher so your fine. If you must upgrade go for a P4, i know you guys will make comments that "why are you supporting P4 when you have an AMD XP?" well because he has a P3 he is used to cool and quiet and amd's are certainly not cool and quiet. So upgrade to a P4 and buy an AX-7 with a 80mm vantec steath and you should be happy : )

OP
G

geldib

Registered
I know what you mean about cool and quiet... My friends dad has a similar 800 mhz AMD thats loud as hell

funnyperson1

SickBoy said:
Yeah, you're not really doing that card justice with a P3....

maybe, but he is pushing his games into the very playable realm...there is nothing out there that a PIII cannot play....that said i would only go for the Ti4200 if an upgrade is in the works for the next 6 months of cpu and ram otherwise you might as well get a Radeon 8500LE or Geforce3 and save the money

OP
G

geldib

Registered
This is the beginning of my upgrade... i plan on getting a P4 2.4b and ddr board within the next few months