• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New user New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol can I do this from a Mac? As I have no current access to a PC , really sucks the video card I want is back ordered everywhere and not expected to ship till sept 1, I want the gtx 1080 ftw not the ack 3.0 by Evga , so am hoping to have the rest of the system at least together by than... Any suggestions on memory and sata? Looking for 32gb 3200 ram but want low profile

I don't see why not. I personally never have, but I'm sure you can. Here are alternatives to Rufus. http://alternativeto.net/software/rufus/?platform=mac

The Corsair Vengeance LPX series memory is normal sized RAM (I know LPX means Low Profile eXtension, but comon' this is the typical size stick of memory). Other than that I can't attest other than by looking at pictures.

This is low profile memory to me - I don't believe any will exist for DDR4 3000+ MHz.

LowProfile.jpg

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your suggestions and help! I did the deed and brought the components.. Here is what I went with
A Nzxt h440 razer edition
GSkill TridentZ 32gb 3200
Nzxt Kraken 61
Evga Gtx 1080 FTW edition
Samsung Pro 950 Pci nvm ssd
WD 3tb black sata hdd
Asus ROG Strix MB
I7 6800k
EVGA supernova 850w gold
Allready on hand an older razer naga and blackwidow keyboard
And what I'm excited for the most the HTC VIVE!
Again thank you all and I am sure I'll have tons of questions during the build... Will take photos along the way :)
John

Back