• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new very cheep waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even though it looks really cheap. I have to say I like its simple design. (Sorry, Im a complicated person and sometimes simple things enlighten me! :D)

I like it. I am curious though how the center is carved out, what the internal dimensions are, what the thickness of the bottom is, etc....

The idea is good but that thing look way small in comparison to the fittings. See if they will sent you a cut sheet with the dimensions.

While it is true the 6063 is preferred over 6061 for heat
transfer, a more likely value is 193 W/mK. On average
the 6063 will be about 13-15% better than 6061.

These minimalist WBs might be OK with enough water
flow.

Anybody use one?

The idea here, I think, is extreme budget cooling. You can also get a pump/res combo for 15 bucks there. so...

15 block
15 pump/res
10 heatercore (junkyard
3 vinel tubing.
3.75 120mm fan

$47 for a cooler that will be quiet and probably cool better than almost all aircoolers.

I bet you the block would do just fine.

i made my block for free and its super easy

i had a plate of copper, that mite cost you a buck or 2

then i took a popcan and cut out the bottom

epoxied some copper tubing in it that i found from my basement

and epoxied that to the coper plate and made a clamping device out of plexiglass

the overclocker said:
i have noticed that proccoling has been posting news on a new cheep waterblock made by becooling, it can be seen here: http://becooling.safeshopper.com/6/117.htm?885 looks like a good waterblock for people starting a watercooling system.

I would use a full shim with this thing. It might be a little
too easy to get it on there "****-eyed" without a shim.

I think the era of $40 and up WBs is about to end. :D

Back