• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New vid card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

Well i am getting rid of my Geforce 3 and looking to get something better. My price range is around the ti4200/4400.

I was thinking about buying from my local store for once (so that theres no worries about warrenty this time) and they have these brands

Abit ($230)
Albatron ($290)
Asus ($270)
MSI ($265)

all them prices are CND for a TI4200.
i was thinking about a visiontek or gainward but local store has neither.

my question:

Which would get the best performance ?

Would i be better not to buy from local store and get a gainward or other company ti4200?

any other info/sugestion would be cool also

thanks

Pinky

The Abit is the best, not just because it's cheaper than the others, but all reviews I read had it overclocking fairly well.

The albatron is probably the best overclocker of the bunch (if it's the deluxe one), but I don't know the extra $60 between that and the Abit are justified in actual gains in performance.

I will assume these are all 128MB models? Higher resolutions require 128mb of vram, 64 will cut it but not at those prices ;).

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Short story -
Killed my GF2, went out and bought a GF4Ti4400. (PC#1)

Next killed another vid card, (PC#2) Didn't want to spend another
$299.oo on a card, so I bought a GF3 Ti200.

Run the same display settings on both PC's.....
The GF3 runs better and LOOKS better too.

IMHO.
Good Luck.

rdytorave

I wouldn't get a Visiontek right now. The company is having financial problems and may not honor their warranty or provide adequate product support.

Buying OEM is much cheaper than retail. http://www.pricewatch.com

TheFrag

you might wanna stick with retail because you get everything, and visiontek is/was awsome. It suks they r going outta bussiness

Pinky

A 64MB Abit card is still decent... you win either way (assuming you can afford the albatron).

If you plan on keeping this for a while (more than 3 months) then go with the 128MB, if you think you will be upgrading soon, get the 64MB to hold you over and put that $60 towards your next card.

Maxvla

the albatron "turbo?" cards are supposed to be awesome overclockers. i've seen some with ram in the 700's.

i'd certainly give that card a good long look.

two_dope2000

ThePunkGeek said:
Well i am getting rid of my Geforce 3 and looking to get something better. My price range is around the ti4200/4400.

I was thinking about buying from my local store for once (so that theres no worries about warrenty this time) and they have these brands

Abit ($230)
Albatron ($290)
Asus ($270)
MSI ($265)

all them prices are CND for a TI4200.
i was thinking about a visiontek or gainward but local store has neither.

my question:

Which would get the best performance ?

Would i be better not to buy from local store and get a gainward or other company ti4200?

any other info/sugestion would be cool also

thanks

Wheres that Ge-force 3 goin? ;)