• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Windows 10 Desktop Keeps Crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You don't have to set affinity to the program to select the other two cores?

Ahhh, I thought that part worked regardless... I have a key so I was unaware that it was DOA after 30 days.

What part of AIDA64 does not work after 30 days?

What part of AIDA64 does not work after 30 days?
As far as I recall, at least the trial version, it just leaves gaps in memory testing but you can still use that after 30 days. I never tried the stress testing app with the trial version. That said, I have no idea as I have always had a key.

Also, what is a "portable"?

Great. That doesn't tell me what a "portable" zip package is. Perhaps because its zipped its portable? No idea, LOL!

Why wouldn't an exe file be portable? I store it on the same medium.......:screwy:

Last edited:
Can you download the portable and after 30 days just re-download portable to use again.

Pending a "portable" explanation I am assuming you can uninstall and re-download
a triai version but there are a lot of personal settings of your choice that would
needto be saved, at least I had a lot of personal preferences. Uninstalling a triai version
deletes those preferences.

With a trial version installed you can buy a license key and it will save all those preferences
for you for the licensed version. I spent quite a few hours using and setting up AIDA64 to my
liking and I wouldn't want to do it again. The program is a lot more than initially meets the eye.

I have never tweaked AIDA for anything... what are you tweaking?

Window menu ordering lists (temps, what's listed that I want to see, remove what I don't care about from the lists), preferences, colors, and nearly anything that has a choice.

If you didn't know already, on almost any trial software all you have to do is roll the date on your rig back and it works again.

If you didn't know already, on almost any trial software all you have to do is roll the date on your rig back and it works again.
Yes I would not want to do that.

I tried the portable version on a USB stick and the Stress test failed as soon as I clicked start.

So you're going to change your clock every time you want to use the app? :)

Yes.

Though that only works for so long. Chrome will just stop working if the date is too far out of whack. Not sure about other browsers though.

Great. That doesn't tell me what a "portable" zip package is. Perhaps because its zipped its portable? No idea, LOL!

Why wouldn't an exe file be portable? I store it on the same medium.......:screwy:

Ive never used AIDA but usually portable means that you can install to and run from portable media like USB/DVD/CD. So you can carry it with you and use on other systems
Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_portability = in Nerdspeak. I think it says the same as what I said :)

Last edited:
Back