• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new XP 2400 wont post to Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

Just got a XP2400, flashed the bois of my Asus A7V333 from 1008 to 1012 (which supports XP2400).

Turned on the PC and it wont Post to Bios. I put my XP1900 back in and its posts fine. Do I have a bad XP2400? I cant believe a new XP2400 doesnt post!!

Is the XP2200 a Thoughobred also?

I may have to settle for a XP2200 because I bought the last XP2400 the store had! grrrr......

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
sounds like its bad. let em test it at the shop.
and yeh the 2200 is a tbred also. the later weeks seem to oc decent also. mine is a week34 and does 2ghz no prob.

OP
Geobronc

Geobronc

I know there is a new BIOS (1014) but the tech support guy at ASUS said that the 1012 should work fine for me. I am going to have the shop test the chip later today.

Jstic

If your board has a jumper to put the board in jumper free mode, then keep it in jumper mode and try to boot. I had success with the 2200 on a different Asus board using this technique.

maxima88

What was your vcore at?
I think I read somewhere that the XP2400+ vcore should be 1.61v and that if the some ppl had problems when the vcore was set higher. It's worth a shot.

OP
Geobronc

Geobronc

Good news! I found the problem! I had a bent pin. I dont know how it happened, but I managed to bend it back straight.

The store I bought it from tested it and it posted fine!

I will have to try it out again tonight when I get home to see if I can get it to post into Bios and then run in windows XP.