• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New XP2000 greeny, same unlocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wood Shop

Registered
Just got my XP2000 "greeny" today and I am wondering if the unlocking proceedure is the same for these as the rest of the Palies. i.e. filling the L1 pits and connecting the 5 L1 bridges.

Thanks

residentevil2

Disabled
yes it is the same way but people reported the greenies are harder to unlock. I unlocked a friends greenie took me 2 tries.

I found out that the greenie cpu's have a like clear coating on them that prevents the unlock. take a small pin and scrap the little gold dots on all the l1's dont scrap it so u rip a hole i the cpu lol just enough to get any coating off once u do this ull see what i mean by it. Thats how i got my unlock to work was by getting through the clear coating of whatever amd put on the cpu.

Cuss if you notice the cpu green stuff feals like plastic dont it ?

The Coolest

Yup its all the same, only on the greenies there's supposed to be some clear coat on the L1s which needs removing, but the process itself is the same, fill the pits and then connect the L1s

RPM_Computing

Unfortunately I did not research a bit more before attempting to unlock my "greenie" and scraped the green stuff right off hehe, I think a bit of sobriety would have helped. My question is, after filling in the pits and scraping the dots is a pencile still suitable for conducting current? Looking for future reference when I get a new chip. For the meantime I am working on an alternate method of bridging the L1's

TIA

The Coolest

RPM_Computing said:
Unfortunately I did not research a bit more before attempting to unlock my "greenie" and scraped the green stuff right off hehe, I think a bit of sobriety would have helped. My question is, after filling in the pits and scraping the dots is a pencile still suitable for conducting current? Looking for future reference when I get a new chip. For the meantime I am working on an alternate method of bridging the L1's

TIA

I don't think pencils will work on the L1s, I know that they work on the 5th L3 on tbreds when doing the "work around" to get the 12.5 multies available, but that's different. You will still need something conductive like rear window deffoger repair kit, or a conductive ink pen, or something like this