• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New xp2100+ or xp2200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I ordered a xp2100+ from compubuzz and ended up getting a xp2200+, that was the good news the bad is that it is a t-bred A,
but anyway it is better then a palomino.

Anyway I wanted to know whot do you guys think I should do return it or keep it since it took them more then 2 week to send it to me and on my first try they lost my card number. And if I return it it will provably be t-bred A.

Last edited:
I would return it and tell am to make a discount as u waited for 2100 and not a 2200 and if they say that they gave a better chip fore same $$$$ then tell am that u wont what u ordered :)

I was looking over the bill and noticed that they knew that they were sending me the xp2200 so that makes me feel better cause I don't have to go thru the trouble of returning it.

Probably not an outstanding overclocker, but it'll run a lot cooler than a scorching hot pally. If you were planning on running it around stock anyway, congrats on the free upgrade.

PingSpike said:
Probably not an outstanding overclocker, but it'll run a lot cooler than a scorching hot pally.

I'm sure he was hopeing for a Tbred b, not a pally. As is it should hit 2Ghz, but the B would have hit around 2.4ish GHz. Although technically they did give you a better cpu than your ordered, I would just not bother with the hassle and keep it.

I got it to overclock it to 2100Ghz or a 2600+ but I was expecting to get more but I think this will have to do for a while.

You could ebay that chip and get more than enough to buy a good 1800+ Tbred b, or as most of the cost of a 2500+ barton.

i could do that, but it wouldn't be appreciated by my family cause they don't understand why I would want to sell this one for a slower cpu.

Avg said:
I got it to overclock it to 2100Ghz or a 2600+ but I was expecting to get more but I think this will have to do for a while.

you sure thats a t-bred A?? most of them have trouble going over 2 ghz.. i think you have a b =d maybe you should post the stepping to be sure

cherryp00t said:

you sure thats a t-bred A?? most of them have trouble going over 2 ghz.. i think you have a b =d maybe you should post the stepping to be sure

*most* 2200's are A's so its a very good chance it is.

It is I'm sure I just hit 2200ghz and it is on 1.87v and I checked the stepping Its like axda2200.

Avg said:
It is I'm sure I just hit 2200ghz and it is on 1.87v and I checked the stepping Its like axda2200.

Thats not the stepping, the stepping is the second set of letters

Stepping is highlighted in red:

steppingloc.JPG

It though that would happen and I also looked at that and I'm almost sure it was an A but i'm going to check it again hoping that i am wrong.

Back