• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb that is intrested in joining team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k_r_i_p_l_e_r

Disabled
i have some extra computer power i'm not using a lot of the time and parts for an extra rig, and if its helping medical sciecne i'm intrested in folding- pm with details

Cjwinnit

B&
Welcome to the team!

First stop is here at Stanford to download the folding program and read up on what exactly the project is.

Setting up doesn't take long at all. To start off, download one of the clients (either the "Graphic" or "Console" one. The graphical one is a little easier on the eyes).

Install and run it. Where it asks for a name, use (if you wish) your OC forums nick. the team number is 32.

Enjoy! :D

LiGhTBoY

You could instead get Wedo's oneclick , so you don't have to start it upon reboot. Check out the Ultimate FAH Install Guide sticky.

veryhumid

yeah if you want to totally use your hyperthreading juice go with wedo's one click, it is a masterpiece or easiness. Also I recommend EM3, electron microscope 3. Because while you run wedo's one-click (you can find it in the stickies) it runs as a service and you don't know what is going on. EM3 let's you see points, stats, progress and graphics all at once. Let me know if you need help setting up. Also someone wrote a great guide to EM3 and how to set it up, hopefully he will see this and post a link. good luck and welcome to the team!!!

Karbon

the Uberbuzzard is probably better for using on your own computer, but the one-click is hands down awesome for borging