• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie Mod need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

My friend gave me a compusa full tower case that he didnt want anymore the bezel was ugly and curzed so i took it off. I was thinking about adding pelxiglass sidings or just cutting a window in the side panel and the top panel. Also would it be cheaper to buy a window kit or to buy some pelxiglass from home depot and make them myself? Also the case comes with a 400 watt Compusa PSU and it has AT power connectors that I am not using I was wondering if i could cut those off w/o causing any damage to my comp? I also want to add some fans to my comp but i cant decide between 92mm or 120mm from http://mavin.com/computerfans.html money is tight so this will be cheapo mod since i am only 16.

get 120's from KDC
126cfm for $4.95!!! I ordered one for the front of my case. The only problem is that they are loud but I will just make a rheostat. Making your own window is way cheaper. i did my window (8"x12") and I paid $2 for glass and $5 for moulding.

i think you should paint the case like you show it int the pick and then just cut plexi to fit around it. i think it would look mint:cool:

Back