• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie P4C800 deluxe with 2.8C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terrence

I'm kind of new in this. I have p4c800 deluxe with P42.8c and my mem is corsair 2x256mb 3500 black 433mhz. I would like to run my proc at 3.04 with max mem speed. I try to do that but my comp keep reset randomly. If I set auto overclock my ram bandwith is low. Please help! Where can I find bios setting for this?

Under Advanced menu, set jumperfree to manual, and then all your manual adjustment menus will appear. don't use the 'easy tweaks,i.e; 5%, 10%, 20%, unless you're a wuss. Although if you hit the 10% wshould give you what your looking for, but your chip and memory would go a lot farther with some manual tweaking. See sig.

I put CPU ext. freq : 217
DRAM freq : 400
AGP/PCI freq: auto
CPU VCORE VOLTAGE : auto
DDR REFERENCE VOLTAGE : auto
AGP VDDQ VOLTAGE : (1.50V)
Performance mode : standard
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Config. DRAM timing by spd : enabled

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is working stable for now and this is test rezult:
SiSoftware Sandra

Int Buff iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 4612MB/s
Scaling : 4618MB/s
Addition : 4879MB/s
Triad : 4795MB/s
Data Item Size : 16-bytes
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 68% (estimated)

Float Buff iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 4671MB/s
Scaling : 4686MB/s
Addition : 4900MB/s
Triad : 4862MB/s
Data Item Size : 16-bytes
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 69% (estimated)

Test Status
Memory Used by Test : 255MB
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
SMT Test : Yes
Number of Test SMT (per CPU) : 2
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : No

Chipset 1
Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc 82875P Memory Controller Hub
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 217MHz (868MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 6944MB/s (estimated)

Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
Bank 0 : 512MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-4-4-8CL 1CMD
Channels : 2
Speed : 2x 217MHz (434MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Performance Acceleration Technology : Yes
Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 6944MB/s (estimated)

Features
MMX Technology : Yes
SSE Technology : Yes
SSE2 Technology : Yes
SSE3 Technology : No
HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : Yes

Is this ok or should I change something ?
I'm satisfy with mem speed and proc. speed but I dont understand much of else. This effiency or timings is it ok?

If you're happy, I'm happy. The only thing you need to do is lock the AGP/PCI bus at 66/33. You don't want to jack that up as you OC. You could also set performance mode to 'turbo' for a little extra kick. What timings are you using on the memory? Those could probably be tightened a little. I was able to push my PC3500 to a stable FSB of 225. You can probably push yours at least to that.
Let me know when your ready to go further.;)

Ok thnx for reply. I'm kind of new in this so please explain why should I lock my agp/pci bus to 66/33
You got the explain me where can I setup this 2-3-3-7 timings
I saw in bios when I disable config dram timing by spd it says
DRAM CAS# LATENCY:
DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE:
DRAM RAS TO CAS DELAY:
DRAM PRECHARGE DELAY:
DRAM BURST LENGHT:

I think the first four is timing but what about the last one what is that? dram burst lenght ? it can only be 8 or 4
I just want that my proc runs at 3.04 and my mem to runs in best performance.
Thnx
Sorry about bad engl.

The agp/pci doesn't like to oc. By locking it at 66/33 it stabilizes. In your bios as you read down your timings list try setting them in this order: 2-2-3-6-8

Your engl. is better than most...don't worry.;)

Ok first I lock 66/33 then I put timings by this order 2-3-3-7-8
but that isn't working I get few resets, I don't know why because this timings are on corsair web site for this mem. Ok then I put 2-2-3-6-8 and everything is ok, for now. What should I do if my comp is reseting again? What causing this resets?
Ok so I did this:
CPU ext. freq : 217
AGP/PCI freq: 66/33
DDR REFERENCE VOLTAGE : auto

DRAM CAS# LATENCY:2
DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE:2
DRAM RAS TO CAS DELAY:3
DRAM PRECHARGE DELAY:6
DRAM BURST LENGHT:8

Everything other is by default. Should I change something?
Which test is the best for testing the memory so I shouln't wait for couple hours for my comp to reset and where can I download it?
Thnx for advice

Up the vdimm to 2.75 it will help the ram. Get memtest86 it boots from a floppy. also get prime95. If you can pass memtest clean. then start asus probe and run prime 95. watch your voltage if the cpu voltage is dropping below 1.42 or so you will need to change that setting in the bios to compensate.

Ok so I did this:
CPU ext. freq : 217
AGP/PCI freq: 66/33
DDR REFERENCE VOLTAGE : 2.75

DRAM CAS# LATENCY:2
DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE:3
DRAM RAS TO CAS DELAY:3
DRAM PRECHARGE DELAY:7
DRAM BURST LENGHT:8

Everything is working fine for past 24h no resets and very good test results in sandra. In prime95 self-test everything is working fine for couple hours, but before I get a few fatal erors. my vcore voltage is 1,52 - 1,50 do you think this is ok?

The prime runs with no errors when I put ddr voltage higher but this prime doing some self-test and it pass with no errors but then it runs another test which it passes 50% with no errors and still running. Everything in prime is by default should I change something? There is one problem :rolleyes: I don't have floppy. Is there any other prog then memtest86 which I could run in windows? Everything is working properly for now. I play a few games, listen music and encoded one divx with prime all the time in the backround running and no resets. Is this a good sign that I make some progress? :)

I've been runing prime torture test for almoust 2 days and no errors. Everything is working fine & fast. No resets. I'm more than happy :D thanks to you.
Thnx for advices. Keep in touch.

Back