• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie question about my ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

hey all,
I just purchased a new stick of 512 MB PC133 ram, and I installed it and it works fine, but the problem Im having is the other stick of 256 MB that I had in their isn't being recognized anymore... I tried to switch them around to see if it was the slot but it still only recognizes the 512 MB stick and not the 256. Any idea or any help would be much appreciated... Thanks.

CrashOveride

hrm... well assuming they ram was in there all the way not sure... what motherboard?

you might try just the 256 again to make sure your memory just isnt dead from a static shock type thing...

OP
J

Joshh100

Whatever motherboard came with my Dell Dimension 4100... It probaly does only support 512 MB though is what Im thinking...

OP
J

Joshh100

ahh ok thanks a lot... guess Ill have to return the 512 stick and just buy another 256 :rolleyes: but thanks for the help I appreciate it..