• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie unix... help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vovan

I have to deal with UNIX based systems for the first time.. where shall I begin..
Any good internet resources?
Thanks.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Vovan said:
I have to deal with UNIX based systems for the first time.. where shall I begin..
Any good internet resources?
Thanks.

Get yourself a Linux installation and play with the command line. Best way to learn is through practice. Also, have a look at any books on bash (if using command line) or UNIX/Linux if you want a general overview of the OS.

David

Titan386

There is a program called Cyg-Win that emulates a unix terminal on windows. I haven't really used it much, but it sounds like an ideal setup for someone who wants to learn without jumping in right away. Try a google search, you should be able to find it.

OP
Vovan

Vovan

Found that :
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CygWin
sounds great, thanks,Titan386!!!

2 Moorcito: I have already much books, but I am going to deal with Suns Solaris, thats why I need an Abstract Independent Internet Documentation.Thanks anyway!