• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genix

Registered
Newbie water cooler here. I am not sure what watercooling kit to get. Any advice? I want a good setup but not a huge cost.

nikd1978

> I want a good setup but not a huge cost.

Which one do you want? lol. I found it very hard to use those 2 questions in one sentence.

What is a huge cost to you? 50 bucks or 300 bucks?

also you will need to evaluate your case structure, will you have the room for the kit, closed circuit style or resevour.

I am using the kit from Swiftech, I think i got it for about $180.00 US dollars.

Are you overclocking? or doing this for noise reasons? answering that will open different doors for the kit your looking for.

Let me know what your intentions are and I can help.

Nick

NeoMoses

You can save money by using a heatercore ($17-$30) instead of a BlackIce. Also, PVC (like ClearFlex 60) tubing is just as good as Tygon, but much less expensive.

The best way to save money is to do things right the first time. Spend time researching and don't buy crappy components.

masitti

Before you get your feet wet with watercooling, I highly recommend you do some reading until you get a little bit more knowledge on it. :)

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
masitti said:
Before you get your feet wet with watercooling, I highly recommend you do some reading until you get a little bit more knowledge on it. :)

*cough* wc101.com *cough**cough*

R.Rabbit

Penguin4x4, wats with the doom 3 always!!!! i see it and i want to play it, accept it doesnt exist yet!
hehehe
R.Rabbit
well heres, wat i think
heater core
via aqua 1300
tc-4(wenever its available)
t- fitting instead of res
4-5 feet of targon
all at www.dtekcustoms.com for about 120ish or less
or you can just get the flow master kit with the tc-4 and the via aqua
my 2 cents:D:D
edit:eek:w ya make your own shrouds and buy 2 of these fans
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=220&item=CF-152&type=store