• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg 1700+ - $42 today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Did a brief search, saw a thread on these for $45, but this a 'Mother's Day Special' according to Newegg.

You're taking your chances for it being a Tbred A or B, but $42 for a 1700+ is a great price either way. Hope this helps someone out!

efini

I took a chance and ordered a 1700+ at the $42 sale price. In the recent customer reviews (05/09/03), 3 people said they received Tbred As. However, people are more quick to complain.

I also agree with bafbrian. I strongly suspect newegg is possibly ridding its inventory of tbred As. Newegg tends to adjust prices according to market conditions. I guess I won't know until I get my chip in 2 or 3 days.

I'm buying this expecting to get a Tbred A. I just hope that it will reach at least 2.0ghz. If I get a Tbred B, all the more power to me :)

-efini

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Just like efini I am expecting a "A" and thats fine for 42 bucks. If it is a "B" then I'll be a real happy camper. I have a 1700 pali (I paid over 100 bucks for in the day) so either way I'm going to have a better chip.

bubba gump

lol, the big red Blow Out! makes me and probably many more further the agreement of the A status...but hell man even if they are its still a nice chip! Would be awesome for a....yatta? :)

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I got one for my daughter's micro form factor Shuttle barebones box I'm building. If it's an A that's OK as I'm not going to O/C much anyway. A Thoroughbred is still better than a Palamino. We'll throw in a Barton next year when they're cheap.

livingelf

a long bit ago, when they where selling lots of B's and they had a blowout special i bought a 1700+ and got an A. So i'm guessing if yu want a chance at a B just forget it, yu may get one but you will have to descide if an A will disapoint yu if yu get one. cuss their is good likelyhood it will be an A, and any overclocker should pay an extra 15-20Bucks to get a nice B at gameve.com(if they have any more in stock), or yu can contact newegg.com and see if they can get yu a B.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
livingelf said:
a long bit ago, when they where selling lots of B's and they had a blowout special i bought a 1700+ and got an A. So i'm guessing if yu want a chance at a B just forget it, yu may get one but you will have to descide if an A will disapoint yu if yu get one. cuss their is good likelyhood it will be an A, and any overclocker should pay an extra 15-20Bucks to get a nice B at gameve.com(if they have any more in stock), or yu can contact newegg.com and see if they can get yu a B.

Newegg won't do that. If you want a guarenteed date code of a specific CPU, ExcaliberPC is the best. I think they have an even better online reseller rating than newegg. Newegg has a very good overall selection while Excaliber has mostly new cutting edge stuff. I shop both and I'm a very satisfied repeat customer.

Flexy

Registered
I ordered one yesterday so it should be here by Friday I think. I looked at the reviews today adn 3 people who recieved em got B's...one was a WPMW, so I'm thinking the A's are gone now hopefully (knock on wood) and all that's left are B cores. It's a Blow Out! sale now. They're at 43 bucks...not bad plus I think you can buy in bulk and not just one like for the Mother's Day.

Flexy

Tru2ya

Giving my current cpu away to a friend. Ordered one late today so I should expect it by friday or saturday. Hopefully A or B, it will be atleast as good as what I currently have.

Btw, does anyone know if these new cpu's can handle 2.1v(with temps hitting 50C at the most) on air cooling like the one I have in my sig?

efini

Just got mine today too.

JIUHB 0312 XPMW
DU3TC

its the 1.6v one but wow, this is a great deal for a Tbred B. :D

-efini

*update* Its been running prime 95 for two hours @ 2.26ghz 1.8v

Pretty nice O/C for the price!

Last edited:

Flexy

Registered
Got mine today for lunch. JIUHB 0312 VPMW DUT3C...gonna test it out tonight...my guess is that Newegg has lots of DUT3C's. I haven't heard of any DLT3C's coming from em. Anyways I'll post my results or the best of my ability since I have a KD7 and no 6:2:1 ratio. :cry:

Flexy