• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg 1700+ - $42 today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty happy with my results. It will pass prime at 2.26 but it seems to choke on 3dmark looping. I'm going to say it is perfectly stable at 2.16ghz @ 1.8v.

Even though most of the 1700s are DU3TC, I think $43-45 is an exceptional value. I ran Sandra and the performance is near a pentium 4 3.06ghz and xp 3000+. I bet this thing can go higher with more voltage and more high end air cooling :)

Keep us updated on your results Flexy on your KD7.

-efini

*update* I got a new power supply and now its running at 2.26ghz prime95 and 3dmark looping approved

Last edited:
I bought my DLT3C fom excalibur and I must say I am impressed with it . I got a nice OC 2488 but not stable with F@H so I had to back it down to 2284 , 198X11.5 with an SLK 800 w/ 92 mm
SO congats to all get sweet chips :)

I bought one today even though I was really waiting to get a barton in a month or two but I just couldn't resist its been tooo long since i bought anything computer related! heck the last chip I bought was a Agoia 1600 for $80 and before that another 1600 for $100...

man oh man if it comes and it is a B im gonna be sooo happy with it especially if i get to 2+Ghz, i might wet my pants!

A lot of people who ordered the 1700+ from newegg are saying they received a Tbred B 1.6v version (including myself) from a few days ago. They don't overclock as well as the 1.5v ones of course, but they still do exceptionally well for the price.

I strongly believe you have a high chance of getting a T-bred B demon eater :)

-efini

JIUHB 0312 VPMW DUT3C

It's a B :D

I don't know how much of an overclock I'll get out of a shuttle microform box.

Well after some issues I got it OC'd to 2.04 Ghz. [email protected]. Gonna see if I can push it a little bit more...my power supply is a piece so it may hold me back, that or the ram since it's kinda cheap too. But it's stable enough so far...if anything goes bad I'll be sure to post. Temps are about 40C on load with a AX-7 w/80mm Tornado. Should be cooler by this eveing since we just got the A/C fixed. I'm happy though for 43 bucks...won't be in this machine for long after I get a NF7-S to push it over 200.

Flexy

Flexy said:
Got mine today for lunch. JIUHB 0312 VPMW DUT3C...gonna test it out tonight...my guess is that Newegg has lots of DUT3C's.

Flexy

You eat tbreds for lunch?

Sorry couldn't resist. :p

Just received a JIUHB 0312WPBW DUT3C today. It looks like a downgrade from a 2400+. It should be a decent overclocker.

Someone on one of the newegg reviews has one of the same steppings as me and said he was able bring it up to 2.2ghz at 1.8v. Didn't specify if that was the furthest it can go. With 1.8v I think it still has room. Do any of you know if 2v will be too much for these processor's to handle? I know my old tbred in my sig can handle 2.1v easily.

Last edited:
You eat tbreds for lunch?

On occasion...usually once a month if I have the money..this was my first one though and it was pretty tasty. Update on my OC: 2.04Ghz at [email protected] Should be able to push it to 2.1 or so once I find some money to get some new stuff.

Flexy:cool:

The U will take more voltage than the L will but as a whole won't ultimately overclock as well. People are taking the U up to 2v and still posting. I can't imagine the cpu's long term survival would be very good.

My L is at 1.65v 200/2200 with a perfect overnight memtest86 result and no FAH WU hangs so far. But it's 24c higher than ambient too. When at normal 1.5v it's 10c cooler at full load but only runs 180/2000 stable.

My daughter's U in her ShuttleX box is running 15c cooler than mine but it's not overclocked or running FAH like mine is.

So far mine is at 2125mhz 1.75-.77v 32c idle, about 36c full load. This using a sk-7(as3) with panaflo a12 fan. I might be able to run 2125mhz(12.5 x 170) at lower volts but i'm too lazy to mess with the jumpers right now. So I'll keep you updated.

For $43 I'm already satisfied. Excaliber can shove the extra $40 up you know where. :burn:

Last edited:
Excaliber is providing a great service and that's what I paid for when I bought my L there for $72. I also got a U at newegg for $44. I didn't want to take a chance the first time so I went with Excaliber. This last time I didn't care one way or the other so I gambled at Newegg and got lucky. I got what I paid for both times and I'm a satisfied repeat customer of both.

I'll have to look at getting one then... I've been getting the upgrading bug lately for my PIII 1GHz, and I'm not gonna wait until I get the money to put together a P4 HT system. I was gonna order the 1700+, an a7n8x, and some PC3200 all at the same time but if most are getting B's now....

Go with the Abit NF7-S if you want to overclock to the max.

I love the hardware activated CPU overtemp protection.

Last edited:
got my chip today its a DUT3C 0312UPMW

what does this mean(speed wise, im no moron)? I haven't been paying much attention the past 3 months to processors...

Back