• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg audigy oem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azianese

has anyone bought the sound blaster audigy oem card from newegg? i just noticed that the one i bought awhile ago the plugs on it are colored, but when i look on other sites the plugs are gold colored, mine has like red, blue, black, red, green plugs. also the plate on it where you put into the case so you can screw the card down, mine doesnt line up with the hole so i cant screw it in. if i screw it in the card will not clip into the pci slot all the way, i think the plate might be too long? has anyone else had this problem?

HeNry2kOoL

Registered
Yeah, that looks right. The OEM Audigy comes with colored plugs while the retail comes with gold plated plugs. I think there's even another version of the Audigy where the board is green instead of black and doesn't have the firewire port.

OP
A

azianese

o i never knew that, but does anyone else's audigy oem have problems screwing it into the motherboard? i think my metal piece is too long or something

Konnan10101

Registered
newegg just got an oem audigy2 for liek 78 i just bought that it is incredible perfect sound, i owudl get that instead of the 1394