• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg.com, products that "must be purchased with hardware"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

The product I want to buy from newegg is OEM and it says it must be purchased with hardware. Are there any sort of rules to this? Can I add the cheapest thing they sell to my cart? The only problem is I dont want to pay shipping for the extra item. What should I do?

KnownKiller

I'm not sure but i think i remember someone talkin about that and he said ya only need to buy something cheap with it like a IDE cable or something. ya could just call them up and ask.

SmellyDraws

Registered
Are you trying to buy an OS like WinXP? You must buy these with hardware and what that means is that you can only buy it if you order a PC with it or something like a motherboard and cpu. I was going to buy the OEM of XP Home full version but I couldn't cause I already bought the hardware before I got my OS.

flyingember

Registered
wait, I bought oem windows xp without hardware from newegg?

weird.

but yeah, just get a really cheap thing. perhaps something that's good to have an extra of

Kendan

Senior Punk
Call Newegg for there policy on it. I believe it is any form of hardware but they are the ones selling it and they should be able to explain it to you. Good luck and enjoy your new system:)

OP
gingo

gingo

No, its not windows. Its a Microsoft Intellimouse explorer version 3.0a. OEM version.

I tried adding a 1 dollar cable to my cart, but shipping went up another friggin $6. What a ripoff.

Kendan

Senior Punk
gingo said:
No, its not windows. Its a Microsoft Intellimouse explorer version 3.0a. OEM version.

I tried adding a 1 dollar cable to my cart, but shipping went up another friggin $6. What a ripoff.

Gingo,
at newegg shipping cost is listed with the item. So look befoire you add to your cart and you will have no surprisses. My Advice is to find something else you need that has free shipping. Wait this is not for an OS I will have to check and see what you are talking about. Did you call newegg?

OK I looked and it looks like you are getting an OEM mouse:eek: At a pretty good discount too I might add 10 bucks for a mouse. Try to find something that has free shuipping to add to the order.

Last edited: