• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg DIY "deal"...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dito

I don't know, but this seems like a rip off to me...For $4k, I'd choose a lot diferent hardware
link to newegg site

diy.JPG

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
I like how they're trying to clear out all their i7 975s by putting it in this bundle, sad thing is I doubt it's doing them any good because no one is gonna pay $4k for that...

Neuromancer

LOL Lets but all of our most overpriced crap in a PC and call it a deal!

$1000 case, $1000 CPU. $300 harddrives. $300 PSU. and a cheap *** $35 dollar heatsink??

Neuromancer

I do not think the case is ugly. I just think it is not worth more than $400 maybe. I still would not buy it at $400 either as I have a rule that I do not spend more than $100 on a case.

Actually looking at the design of it, would assume it is probably worth a lot less since it may not be compatible with all hardware. (Specifically motherboard/Cooler combinations)

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Thermaltake. What do you expect?

That brand makes me think a few things - poor quality, overpriced, overmarketed, bad design.

This combo doesn't really make sense.

Aynjell

It's fun to think that it was designed by BMW, and not thermaltake though. I'm sure they messed it up somehow though.

Bobnova

I saw that a couple days ago, had to laugh at the thought of an i7 975 being cooled by a freezer pro.
They're looking for christmas sales, if you compare that ready-to-be-built system to the top end Alienware stuff i bet it's a fair match.

Joeteck

Retired
DIY?? LOL!

More like (new)egg-ing yourself... Only thing you're doing is wasting your money...

and NO freakin OS! hahahahahaha

Neuromancer

Yeah, but usually you get to pick your own hardware for a true DIY, right?

I don't think anyone here would choose that case, or HSF, or the .......

A few bad hardware choices.... IMO..

Yeah its a combo deal not really a DIY I suppose :)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Wow what a ripoff...

I dont know wh everyone is hating on the case (aside from its $850 asking price. I personally LOVE how it looks compared to all the other cases on the market. I would have gotten it had it been $300 like the Obsidian was (and thus went back to air) honestly.

Neuromancer

Wow what a ripoff...

I dont know wh everyone is hating on the case (aside from its $850 asking price. I personally LOVE how it looks compared to all the other cases on the market. I would have gotten it had it been $300 like the Obsidian was (and thus went back to air) honestly.

I think that is exactly why people are hating on it. Ridiculous price, and certainly the fact that some heatsinks/fan configs might not work on it does not help