• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg...slipping up and slowing down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
I've been a pretty big newegg fan for quite awhile now. They have gotten a ton of business from me and I've been happy with them. Orders were promptly shipped, and prices were great.

Well, I must say, my orders aren't being shipped so promptly anymore.

2 days ago I placed an order for a case and a microsoft optical mouse for my laptop. I just checked the status, and it's only at stage 2 of 5, being packaged in the warehouse!!

I'm sorry, but "back in the day" this order would've had a tracking number AT MOST by the afternoon of the next day, and 90% of the time not very long after the order was placed.

I've made 2500 dollar orders for work with parts for 3 computers in the boxes and had my shipping numbers in only hours, not days. This is a case (which they ship in its original packaging, no extra box, just need to label it!), and a mouse. Not a big order!

Now, I can't wait a few extra days, but I did order the case for my brother, as it was his birthday hte 30th. I knew it'd be late, but ifgured I'd have it by today or tommorrow. I got 2 day shipping too!

I still think they are a good online store, but the time it has taken them to prepare this small order is a little bit much...

Mike

Pinky

It's touch and go, I always get fast shipping with the boys, but I've had friends that, for unknown reasons, always seem to wait a few days to have their stuff shipped.

I never hesitate to order from newegg.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
My most recent order (~ 1.5 weeks ago) was placed at 1 PM CST and including the time it took for my CC verification (I get my stuff shipped to work because FedEx and UPS can't get into my apartment building to leave the stuff) I had my tracking number by 6 PM CST. I think you probably just had one of those strange incidents, Mike.

ziah

its called progress. back in the day they only ot 20 orders a day. now close to 1000 a day. same ammount of staff as back in the day too. more staff = higher prices. i fugure i will wait a week for a better price. of course i dant have that gimmie gimmie now NOW attitude that the average american consumer has. i love to anticipate and save$$$$

~z

Kid Payne

ziah said:
its called progress. back in the day they only ot 20 orders a day. now close to 1000 a day. same ammount of staff as back in the day too. more staff = higher prices. i fugure i will wait a week for a better price. of course i dant have that gimmie gimmie now NOW attitude that the average american consumer has. i love to anticipate and save$$$$

~z

Funny, because when I had startted using them, they were slow to the point I'd get angry. But the past few orders including the chieftech case has been swift and painless.

Niloc

I have never had a single problem with them. I never wait more than a day to get my stuff shipped and have even gotten some free stuff from them like free shipping and t-shirts!

dxiw

Disabled
sometimes they dont update their site..call them they may have already shipped it.. happenned to me twice i got it while i it was being packed at the warehouse....btw I've bought a craplaod of stuff from them lets say 8 computer full + upgrades

Jerky

i've never had a problem with newegg ecxept the screwed me on 2nd day air shipping once, and they tried to say they didn't. so i gaver them a big fat 3 at ressellerratings.com
so now whenever i buy cables, heatsinks or fans etc... that kind of stuff, i go to kdcomputers.com or heatsinkfactory.com i have found both of their shipping and service to be superior to newegg.com, newegg is still a great place to order from, but after the screwed me... i'll be going to googlegear.com instead. googlegear is just as slow in the shipping dept. but at least they're fair and the shipping is WAY cheaper than newegg as well.
i agree with breadfan, they are slipping.

ib69nu

i ordered one of those windowed chieftec cases with the ps. the fedex saver shipping was 18.00 (the lowest offered), and i put a rush order on it. i put the order in on wednesday morning, and had the case by friday noon of the same week. I was friggin impressed, needless to say. so far i have had great results with them and i would definately recommend them to absolutely anyone (well except for those living outside the states). I have only ordered from them a handful of times, but each time was great.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
i ordered a case not too long ago and it shipped in 1 day from california to indiana. it only took a couple hours to pack up... i find that it's just as fast as always, for me at least.

Lithan

Disabled
Placed order 7:45 sunday night. Recieved it 2:30 wendsday afternoon. And get this. A FAN GRILL was in a platic bag and surrounded by two layers of bubble wrap. That's pretty damn good shipping if you ask me. I'll shop there again (Already have actually. Bought Norton Systemworks pro 2002 for 14$ shipped this morning.)

SpyderMatrix

i have no problems with them only wished they would accept paypal i get daily shipments from them so

Top Hat Theater

I've just completed three orders with Newegg in the past week and a half and I must say that they did great. Tracking # was prompt, shipped the same day without rush processing...absolutely fantastic.

~THT

I have made 2 orders from newegg this week and the tracking #s came the same day. They have always been good to me. Apparently others have had similar experiences.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
64026402 said:
I have made 2 orders from newegg this week and the tracking #s came the same day. They have always been good to me. Apparently others have had similar experiences.

Ditto for me.

krm197

Registered
I don' t think that they're slipping up, as the reseller ratings are consistently high for them. It might take them a little longer nowadays, but nothing that would make you want to "defect" to another online store for your needs

Lithan

Disabled
Ordered a refurbed motherboard with free shipping. Had it in my hands less then 48 hours later. And I live east coast Pennsylvania (across the country from them). Methinks they are incredible, and of course fedex deserves MAJOR kudos as well.

Akumu X

I ordered my $875 order at 12:30pm EST and received my tracking no. at 4:30pm EST.

Had my stuff next day (overnight shipping).

They aren't even hinting of slowing down for me...

john240sx

over the past 6 mothns i ordered over $700 worth of stuff from newegg, shipping has never taken more then 4 days. but, i ordered my new motherboard from them and it took 8 days to get here.

i guess some days are better then others there.