• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

i live around 40 min away from newegg in CA but i ordered around 1000 dollars from them the other day and theyre commin from NJ. and plus on top of that i gotta pay tax (usually out of state shipments no tax, but i guess since they based in CA). man this sucks. usually their free shipping is like next day for me. it takes 3 whole days to come !!! :mad:

snvpa

Well three days is nothing when you factor in the 500 dollars you saved buying stuff from them. Plus you get excellent support and worry free returns.

OP
ryuen

ryuen

ya but whats the point of sending me stuff from NJ when they probably have stock in CA( ive bought same stuff before). cant just be ALL the stuff i ordered are out of stock. maybe they take it as i bought the stuff in NJ and they dont report tax and keep it??? i certainly hope newegg wont go there :D.

saving 500 bucks.. hmm i guess so. but im not use to it since i have always bought from newegg. there prices are "regular" for me and frys electronics is a rip off (most cases)

Sharkman

The California warehouse was probably out of stock but New Jersey wasn't. I ordered two items once on the same order, one came from California and the other from New Jersey. Any state that has part of a company must include sales tax. They will be heavily fined if they don't and could lose thier sales license. In NewEggs case if you live in New Jersey, California or Tennessee you will pay that states sales tax. It sucks but theres nothing they or you can do about it :(