• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello all,

Long time lurker here just joining in on the Eggxpert discussion.

Brief Eggxpert introduction:
Top 1000 Reviewer
Reviews = 92
Helpfulness = 69
First Review = 26-May-2006
Eggxpert Reviewer since summer 2012

To answer an often asked question in the thread: Yes, I (sort of) received a video card for review... but not really. I got a gaming desktop PC with an RX580 card last fall :D

Anyway, I was also offered the Corsair LL white triple fans for review. Subscribed to the thread to keep up and see what everybody else gets for review.

Just got my first item offering in a while. Corsair H100i RGB

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...UM-SE-240mm-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060041-WW

Which is really funny, because I've been using a 240mm CM Mastercool Lite for about a year now, and just this morning decided that I was going to go back to air cooling and ordered a Noctua D15. I'll probably stick with the D15 and put the Corsair in my wife's rig.

Got a multi item offer still reviewing the laptop lol but it was all Corsair stuff went with either the 850w titanium psu or the 3 pack of ll220’s

680X, cant find any pics of that just listings on sites with no pics
price seems to be about $250

A lot of new release stuff on that list. I ended up getting the white H100i Platinum SE today. No pro reviews yet and none on the 'egg.

A lot of new release stuff on that list. I ended up getting the white H100i Platinum SE today. No pro reviews yet and none on the 'egg.

Sounds like you got the same thing I did. I'm not too impressed with it, I'm wondering if mine is defective. Seems like it's suffering from heat soak, but it shouldn't be. I have a similar 240mm CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite that I just swapped out to do this review, and it worked wonderfully on my overclocked R7 1700X. The Corsair unit, after warming up, idles about 20C higher than the CoolerMaster did, and max temp I let it get to was 10C higher before I stopped stress testing with prime95.

I checked the contact and thermal paste, and it had excellent contact, so that wasn't the problem. I figure it either has something going on inside that is impeding the flow of coolant, or its pump is defective and not pumping as much as it should. I haven't written my review yet, I just pulled it out of my rig yesterday because those results are not good. I put the Noctua D15 I ordered in, now I can't hear the fans and it runs much cooler than the CoolerMaster unit could do. :D

They switched to CoolIT for the pump oem for those (thats why the block is twice the size of the pro block)

I'm not having performance issues with mine, although I don't have any 240 rad AIO experience to compare it too. I swapped out a 120 rad AIO for the Corsair SE and dropped temps about 18 °C with the hottest core hitting only ~54 °C during a Prime95 26.6 burn. I'm running it on an Intel i7. Is there a chance the AMD retention isn't quite right?

So far, I'm leaning towards 4 eggs because there are several things about the SE that need to be improved.

I thought maybe there might be a problem with it, but as I said, it's making excellent contact and it was completely solid without any play after I installed it. Temps started out close to what the CoolerMaster unit was capable of when I first got it booted up after installing. It was idling between 29-34 (normally it's around 27-32C with the CoolerMaster), I ran prime95 for a little longer than 10 minutes, but then they never dropped back down to normal idle temps after testing, and stayed around 50-55C at idle. So it seemed to warm up the liquid but then wasn't capable of cooling back down as it should.

I logged a 30 minute Prime95 run for the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE review and thought I'd share before working on the review text. Results are very good. Keep in mind my CPU has been delidded with liquid metal TIM applied under the IHS.

Aldakoopa - Can you hear the pump or does the iCUE software report RPM? Maybe give it another go on your 1700X.

View attachment 204468

iCue reports the pump at 2500RPM. I couldn't hear it but I could feel a slight vibration when I held a finger on it. I heard it moving some air bubbles the very first time it came on.

Got another invite today, one of those to choose an item. Both were Corsair AIO coolers, an H75 120mm and a H100x. I requested the H100x, maybe this one will work better than the H100i I just got.

The H100x I last reviewed definitely didn't live up to my expectations, but it didn't seem to not be pumping coolant properly like the H100i Platinum was. My old CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite still outperforms it for a lot less cost.

On top of that, the H100i RGB Platinum SE is now under a recall. Mine is in the affected batch. They are having leaking issues, but mine doesn't appear to have been leaking. I think there's still something else going on, but I'm going to see if they'll replace mine anyway.

Back