• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure. I opened up a ticket and was upfront about not having proof of purchase because it was a Newegg review item, but I did upload a picture of the barcode label on the box to go along with it. I'm just waiting for a response now.

Corsair got back to me. They want a photo of the serial number and a copy of the receipt. I guess we'll see what they do without proof of purchase.

good luck Corsair is pretty firm on the proof of purchase thing. You might consider letting them know its a review item from NewEgg and part of the recalled batch and if they want a proper review of it they might wanna exchange yours.

I always wondered what would happen with no proof of purchase of review items, if they honor the warranty, I don't exactly like holding "eggxpert" branded reviews hostage over it either. I'm sure they would go way overboard if you were an techtuber or something to replace it and gave a bunch of swag on top of it.

not exactly what I meant you can only post a review on what you have if you have a defective product that like this one is under recall, and they don't replace the one you have then you can only review what ya have. So in this case most likely not a very good review on a product as its defective from the start.

Got a reply from them, they only asked for a picture of the label on the radiator. I've added a picture that and am waiting on a response again. They didn't say anything about needing proof of purchase to me yet.

I had dealings with Linksys (or whatever they were calling themselves that week) concerning a problematical router I had been sent as a review item. As soon as they found out it was an eggxpert review item they sent out a new one, no further questions asked.

Corsair didn't approve mine. They told me to contact Newegg and try to get it done through them. I'd rather not even bother with it, since the H100x didn't even live up to my expectations.

That's very odd with Corsair's inconsistency on this. I received my replacement Thursday and installed it yesterday. They even sent me a Corsair T-shirt for my troubles. Do you want any of the details from my RMA request?

So I haven't received any assignments since March of this year and I'm really starting to worry something is wrong. My last assignment was just a decent White LED AF140 case fan. I normally wouldn't have accepted it, but since it was the first I've heard from them in a while, I did. I posted the review within a couple weeks, as I usually do.

Now since I hadn't heard ANYTHING from them since, I recently sent emails just asking if the program is still in effect and that of course I am still in it. No response, which is VERY rare for them. I've emailed them quite a few times about issues with shipments and such, and I ALWAYS heard back promptly. Now I've sent three emails, two of which are worded exactly the same and still haven't received anything back. I assure you, I have not spammed them so I can't see that they'd be just pissed about it or whatever.

This morning I decided to look deeper into the who's managing the program and I found an email address that allows one to "request" to join the program, which they will then check out your reviews and give you an answer. This wasn't the case back when I first joined... You could only get in by invitation and that only happened if they noticed you. It's still only by invitation, but at least now a person can try and make themselves known. Anyway, I setn my email to this address hoping they can give me some insight into my own account.

One reason I'm so concerned is because back in October of last year, I was targeted and hacked by someone with some serious skills. It could have been more than one person, I'm not even sure. All I'm sure of is their exploit kit and custom malware was so advanced that I've really become paranoid about having proper end-point protection and other "next-gen" security software. This "file-less" malware mainly used PowerShell to do it's nasty things on my system, which included deleting some sysinternals tools and forensic data recovery tools completely from my PC. I had good malware protection installed but it didn't stand a chance against such a sophisticated attack. They were even able to load a hacked FW onto my wireless router I was using at the time, which is an Archer C8 802.11ac rev1 model. I realized it was hacked when the LED's on the front wouldn't stay on and wi-fi wouldn't disable. The logs showed nothing useful anymore as well. I can't get into it all but I'm absolutely positive the router was compromised, then hacked with a malicious FW that looked legit when logged into it but certainly was not. Their malware spread into my primary PC, my smartphone, and my secondary PC. It took me weeks to rebuild my network, completely re-flash all five parts of my Galaxy Note 8's firmware, and then make sure I was not getting reinfected afterwards. I added a new router with better security options and I also use group policy to set strict rules. I can't do much about Powershell, because even if you set a noexecution policy the script writer can just disable that with one command.

When I informed Newegg that I had been hacked, but regained control of all my online accounts and devices, they strangely asked me if I wanted to be removed from the EggXpert program because of it. I thought that was very weird and told them "of course not!" I only wanted to let them know in case someone tried impersonating me to get one of my review samples. I know they got into my primary email account and knew my VIP's, which Newegg is on. I was just being careful, but couldn't believe they asked me that question. I did receive a reply stating they wouldn't remove me then and I've had that one assignment ever since.

I just hope I get an email soon. I miss reviewing products!

I haven't heard from them since February, so either they are doing a lot less sponsored reviews or the program has been canned. Time will tell.

... and when I checked my email on returning home I'm offered a 14TB internal drive, yes please I say.

It's been a while, but I received a review email today and the email said more review items were coming in for review.

The item offered to me was a 14TB IronWolf HDD.

... and when I checked my email on returning home I'm offered a 14TB internal drive, yes please I say.

Seriously???? Okay I'm getting really upset now. I haven't received anything since March and even then it was only a case fan. Before that I hadn't received any assignments since the beginning of the year.

This is the LONGEST I've went since the inception of the program without being offered ANY type of assignment. So I decided to email their eggxpertreviews email addy (which I've always received replies from) just to ask them if my account is in good standing and all. I haven't missed any reviews so I can't see why i would have been removed.

But after sending two or three emails to them I haven't received a reply. I'm not sending any more to that address because I feel like I'm spamming them already. I decided to go to customer support today and chat with an employee. This employee tells me he had only heard of the program in passing and was interested to find out more about it. I told him I just want to know if I'm still part of it, since I love reviewing products and I've never done anything that would make me think they would remove me.

He talked to his supervisor and said they simply didn't have access to the information to tell me what I needed to know (UGH!!!) but to leave my email addy with him and he'd get back to me when he found out. I did that.

So then I decided to just go onto the site and post a review for the Fractal Define R6 case, which I actually bought earlier this year. I figured maybe I could find out this way if my review showed up as an EggXpert review. But it did NOT. It just showed as "verified owner." But then I checked all my other reviews from products I bought and NONE of them show up as EggXpert reviews. So it's possible that only items from the EggXpert product pool will show up as EggXpert reviews.

I would really appreciate it if any of you could simply review a product you bought on there already and tell me if it shows up as an EggXpert review or not. I've been trying to trying to figure out what the hell is going on and I'm no closer to it, which is frustrating. Obviously the program is thriving if you just received an assignment for a 14TB drive (damn I need one of those!). I'd appreciate any help or feedback from you guys because right now you're the only link I have to the program. I just don't understand what's going on. I do hope that I'm just lost in a cycle somewhere and I'll get an email sometime. i'd be really happy if I just received ANY assignment at all, so I knew things were okay.

P.S. This is off-topic but why the hell am I still shown as a "new member" under my name? I've been a member since 2014! What do you have to do to get rid of that title?

Last edited:
Back