• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[NEWS] How Wii Is Creaming the Competition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
personally I think Nintendo is blowing their shot right now...hype is on their side...regardless of numbers they have an installed base...but they aren't delivering the goods...Zelda was a fantastic game and it was a GCN port so Wii is capable of great games...launch games were not so great as typical....second wave of games it seemed like every publisher that was on the fence about if they should develop decided yes they should and rushed out all these ports..and tried to map everything to motion controls and did a poor job of it......hopefully that trend is over you only map motion controls where it makes sense.....right now there's just a drought.....however Wii still has the hype..they have a decent base....but if they don't get some great titles moving it'll die.....nintendo NEEDS to get online up now...I mean it has built in wifi and still no online play WTF?....nintendo can't survive on 1st party titles alone GNC proved that....third party titles won't be any good until they stop using PS2 engines....they need ground up developed for Wii or they will keep being junky looking games.....Wii needs to get a some epic titles in their portfolio...Japan might love endless waves of mini-games and DS ports but I think the rest of the world is only going to buy maybe 1-2 of those at most...nintendo's window of opportunity is right now...and if they don't get some titles out and some new services they are going to blow it.

That's true Blueswitch, and some indication is that the big N and Ubisoft figured this out. Ubisoft stated that they rushed out their most recent games for wii, and are going to take the time to make them right this next round.

Add to that that Nintendo is going to be releasing some awesome first party titles in the next few months...

But yea, this last month(may) have been a Wii-Drought. Nothing good.

Mario Strikers: Charged Football (soccer) is out in the UK right now and it has online play. Supposedly it will be released here sometime this summer so that would be a great online game in my opinion...

pcgirl said:
Mario Strikers: Charged Football (soccer) is out in the UK right now and it has online play. Supposedly it will be released here sometime this summer so that would be a great online game in my opinion...

I thought that Pokemon was gonna be the first game online for Wii. :bang head

Krome said:
I thought that Pokemon was gonna be the first game online for Wii. :bang head

It might be in the US, I don't know. I'm not a huge Pokemon fan so I haven't been following it too much.

I've been waiting for Metroid to come out since I got the thing.....but the screens look terrible so far...hopefully it won't be a let down....although I did see some new screens for smash bro's and it looks good...Kid Icarus and zero suit samus look like nice editions.

pcgirl said:
It might be in the US, I don't know. I'm not a huge Pokemon fan so I haven't been following it too much.

I believe that Strikers Charged Football was released in Europe before anywhere else. Reason being that proper football is bigger than Jesus over there. It's the first true online game for the Wii.

Pokemon will be released in North America before Strikers Charged, 'cause people over here and in Japan eat Pokemans for breakfast. If it has a Pokemon logo on it, it'll be purchased in a relatively short amount of time. Pretty cool for a franchise that's 10 years old :)

Also, PC Girl! Glad to see you're still kicking around!

Back