• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

ok i just want to see what you guys think i should but in my computer. I would be adding this to my box 2 in my sig.

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3500C2 with Platinum Silver Heat Spreader $132
and
ABIT nForce2 Ultra 400 Motherboard for Socket A AMD Processors Model "NF7-S" $102.99
GRAND TOTAL of $234.99

or should i get these two things
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200C2PT - OEM $108
and
Asus nForce2 Ultra 400 Motherboard for AMD Processors, Model "A7N8X Deluxe" RETAIL $117.99
GRAND TOTAL $225.99

I would go with the firts selection personally, definatly go with the NF7 if you are going the AMD route its probably the best overclocking board for the XP range of CPU's there is. I was going to say go with the PC3200 also but then I realised that the price difference is pretty small so you may aswell go with it atleast then when you hit a nice speed you should be able to retain some nice timings on the RAM at the same time!

-Chris

Then thats what it will be, i will order tomorrow.

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3500C2 with Platinum Silver Heat Spreader $132
and
ABIT nForce2 Ultra 400 Motherboard for Socket A AMD Processors Model "NF7-S" $102.99

I have the Asus MoBo and I love it. I hear good things about Corsair mem too. I just orderd two Mushkin LvL II PC3500 512 sticks. I'll post how they work. I really love the Asus boards.

for the board it says 3x DIMM for Max 3GB DDR333/266/200,2x DIMM for Max 2GB DDR400
so will my pc3500 DDR 433 work in the board

if you go to the abit site and look at the compatability sheet, it says that only ddr433 work for the ocz, so i will get the ddr400 Corsair i think.
So it works with no problems.

shoot it does not say that the ddr400 corsair 512mb stick works.
what do i do? The pc3500 ddr433 should work right?

ok i just noticed that there a two different versions of the abit board. how can i check which version i am ordering from newegg? I want version 2 of course and i dont want to order it and get the first version.

BIB said:
ok i just noticed that there a two different versions of the abit board. how can i check which version i am ordering from newegg? I want version 2 of course and i dont want to order it and get the first version.

You can tell buy the fsb support. Rev 2 is the only one that supports 400fsb. The one you are looking at from NewEgg is the rev 2.

Back