• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF4 Ultra boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fathom1990

Hi, could you tell me how these boards stack up against each other:

BFG RNF4U
Abit AN8 Ultra
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D

I know that the DFI is the best, but do the other two have similar performance and overclocking options. Thanks.

rseven

Fathom1990 said:
Hi, could you tell me how these boards stack up against each other:

BFG RNF4U
Abit AN8 Ultra
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D

I know that the DFI is the best, but do the other two have similar performance and overclocking options. Thanks.
No, they don't because only the DFI has a huge number of overclocking bios options. The price you pay is that they are finicky and time consuming to use. Abit was one of the best manufacturers of mobos, but now that they are having financial problems their boards have suffered. I have heard some good things about the BFG, but not a lot of people have them. You should also add the Epox 9NPA+ Ultra to your list. It has good overclocking options and potential(probably second best to the DFI). It is easier to use and less finicky than the DFI.
Good luck with what ever you pick.

tricknasty

i had a DFI lanparty SLI-DR and it ran perfectly for 2 weeks, after that it took a big crap and i could never get it running right again. dfi is a good board for the overclocker if you dont care about stability issues.

darksparkz

Definitely go with the DFi if you want the best OC you can get, might be slight problems, but you can fix that if you have some patience.