• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 2.0 ( non -s) bios question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archangel4life

ok, i look around and see that people are pushing 240 fsb with trads d24... i think its 24.... anyway, im running d10, and i thought it is the best for overclocking with the nf7 2.0, am i right? or does the trats actually help.... cuz i bought the nf7 cuz i didnt want to deal with sata corruption and stuff and get a higher overclock.....

got any ideas?

fateshammer

From the looks of it, yeah, lots of people are having high-FSB orgasms with Trat's D24 mods. After reading lots of posts in different forums, I see its really helping them out of their brickwalls. But you really just have to test it out for yourself which one works best for your setup. I have already tried 2 so far and it hasn't helped me with my misery. Most people are complaining they can't go past 230 or 240 while I am struggling just to get to 200, its a little embarassing really :D.

PCGUY112887

There are a few D24's... I have wondered which D24 is giving the most "orgasms" of FSB?
D10 was the worst for me. That's how I corrupted my windows reg! I could do 200x13 with every previous BIOS I tryed (even stock abit) but as soon as I tryed that on D10... boom corrupt reg. I had to reformat :(.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
well the whole deal with the bios is how it operates with the ram.... new bios (d23, d24) seem to work best with new ram modules. The d10 seems to work best with the older ram ie, b5 and the likes ram......

OP
A

Archangel4life

well then thats good news rat, because i have some new OCZ pc 3500 eb
platinum

well then ill hafta try it...

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
Archangel4life said:
well then thats good news rat, because i have some new OCZ pc 3500 eb
platinum

well then ill hafta try it...

Good luck and let us know how it goes.....

OP
A

Archangel4life

well... im not sure here, but i think i need to have cpc enabled to hit higher fsb...
im typign this at 227, 230 got to windows then crashed.

ill try cpc enabled. be back soon

OP
A

Archangel4life

well its the same deal with cpc enabled or disabled, 230 fsb wont get to windows....... d10 i could run 230, but it would crash ramdomly while in windows....

hmmmm, im guessing then that this is not a ram issue....

what you think ?

OP
A

Archangel4life

well, i think ill stay with d24 cuz im at the same settings that i was with the d10, and it seems like its priming better than the d10 was, and i have atitool that loads on startup, sets my overclocked gpu settigns then leaves, and when i have d10 it takes 5 minutes for it to do that... only 1 minute with this bios..

OP
A

Archangel4life

ok.... anyone know where i can find tic tac's d10 beta 4?????

the link on that one site with a bunch of bios links doesnt work

btw, prime failed @ 227 after 14 mins with d24 trats.....

OP
A

Archangel4life

alright i tried trats d10 beta 4 with d24 romslip i think... that got me to 230fsb fail after 4 minutes.. ill try that bios pershoot. thanks. be back in a sec

OP
A

Archangel4life

alright tried this bios, d10 beta 4 turbo..... works good,

now my cpu temperatures have dropped.

im at 1.85 volts, and usually when im there im at 46C idle,, now im 41 idle...

wow.
is that a misreading???? its from abiteq

primed 230 it ran for 3 minutes.... think it was because i had some other apps open
this bios seems alot more stable.

OP
A

Archangel4life

ok with cpc enabled i can run 230 for 3 minutes, @ 233 with cpc on, it doesnt make it fully into windows.

with cpc disabled i am sitting here typing this at 233 prime fail after 1 min.

soo.. ill sandra this, then go back to 230 cpc on and sandra that.... man, i dunno whats holding me back i think i need more volts to my ram... wat do you guys think?

OP
A

Archangel4life

nf7 2.0 with tictacs d10 beta 4 turbo
athlon xp-m 2600+ sp97 + sf2
1 gig of pc3500 OCZ EB platinum edition
zalman copper icebergq cooling northbridge, southbridge, mofsets.
total of 9 case fans... cooling isnt a problem.
radeon 9800 pro overclocked 416/369