• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-M? does it oc as good as the -S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

My bro messed up and orderd the -M and i was wondering if it is any good or should he take it back?

Chad

^wargod

it's exactly the same as the NF7-S and NF7 except the -M has onboard video, same chipset, you're fine.

OP
S

skinart

what about if its a ver 1.21? I cartn belive he messed up, and they charged him $175 (Aussie $$) thats like $130 U.S

I hate ppl ripping other ppl off, especially my freinds, wish i was there to pull someone accross the counter and fix em up a lil.

Chad

tom10167

Come to think of it, I don't know if they offer 2.0 in any other board except the -s. See if the board supports 400mhz FSB.

By the way, I don't think it has intergrated video(I wish, I would've gotten it.) just no SATA or one other thing that you probably won't need. So long as it supports 400mhz you're fine.

Robin Hood

I have just order both an NF7 and NF7-S.
I did looked at the NF7-M but Abit's website gave me the impression that it was not using the latest chip set as its specs had not been updated in the same way.
Though I don't see why they wouldn't update all three together!

Edit - just seen tom's post, both NF7 and NF7-S are 2.0.

iplayguitar

Registered
the nf7-m has the nforce2 igp chipset. I could only get my 2500+ up to 185fsb. Its like a pre 2.0 nf7 just it have integrated video although asus is now making a mobo with the igp chipset that can handle 400fsb so I think abit might have a nf7-m 2.0 in the works right now. now if you already have a vid card return the nf7-m and get a nf7-s 2.0 so you can overclock.

OP
S

skinart

Well apperently he carnt return it coz it was a special order :(

but one good thing is, he is getting 190 fsb with a locked 25+ with 3 sticks of crappy pc2100 with stock voltages :)

it has a stock heatsink and is hitting 55c with prime running.

he is brand new to oc'ing thats why he made the mistake with the board, but i think if he gets a single stick of good ram and a good HS fan combo itll be ok :) I hope

Chad

Martin Rubenste

Registered
He should have no problem oc'ing the NF7-M. Mine goes up to 237 MHz. (x2 = 474 FSB possable) and multiplier up to 22. The onboard graphics are not to bad eather, GForce4 MX. I run QuakeIII, Halo & UT2003 for hours with no problems.

OP
S

skinart

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS Martin....

and thank you for the reply......sounds like the onboard vid is a good bargain for the price of the board an all...... now all he has to do is get some good ram and he will be right :)

Chad

StinkNBreff

I think the board stops at 180'ish fsb if you use onboard video . Otherwise if an AGP video card is used - onboard is disabled and over 200 is easy ?

Martin Rubenste

Registered
Yeh, 180MHz is the limit I hit. 200MHz = a black screen, a hard poweroff for 60 sec., a pounding heart / waiting for a reboot :( , then letting the computer assure itself that the HD really DIDN'T expload :D , then reset everything :p .