• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 rev2.0 MBM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
anyone using motherboard monitor with this board? How do I enable the cpu diode on this? I can get the socket just fine but I can't get the diode to work right? Can I use the diode on this board? I've tried all the sensors and it doesn't seem to work right. This is not the NF7-s, just the regular NF7...... thanks in advance.

greenman100

Disabled
HousERaT said:
anyone using motherboard monitor with this board? How do I enable the cpu diode on this? I can get the socket just fine but I can't get the diode to work right? Can I use the diode on this board? I've tried all the sensors and it doesn't seem to work right. This is not the NF7-s, just the regular NF7...... thanks in advance.

simple

desolder the two pins for the diode from the backside of the motherboard
pull out said pins
solder twisted pair wire to CPU's pins
cut groove in CPU socket
attach twisted pair wire to diode reader, which will probably interface with your PC's parallel or seial port...Maxim makes some good ICs for this