• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexnan

Bought myself a new case and had nothing but problems since. After throwing it all together i went to turn it on the power supply crapped out on me.

Three days later i recieved a new Fortron AX450-pn, threw it in there and the computer posted beeped at me and shut off...but the beeps continued.

I ran through all the tech support in my manual, and one time got to my BIOS before it shutdown again.

its a continuous beep with hi/low intervals. Im going to reseat my CPU and HSF when i get the chance ( have to cook thanksgiving dinner tonight) but any other ideas on what i can try would be appreciated.

Hex

OP
H

Hexnan

well, checked the fan plug, it seemed loose. I pushed it back in place but it still didnt work. If the HS isnt seated right, i thought for sure it owuld take longer for the cpu to overheat. Its only 5 sometimes 10-15 secs before it reboots and it starts beeping again, not enough time to reset the setting in the bios.

ive ceared the cmos a few times also, could the PSU shorting out taken out the fan header or possibly the fan cable?