• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Newbie question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

I recently got my rig nearly entirely up, and it's looking like this -

Athlon Xp 2500+
ABit Nf7-S
Geforce 2
128mb Samsung DDR 2700
Fortron 350w PSU

It's all well cooled (SLK947U and several high power fans) and whatnot, but I don't have my power button hooked up :)rolleyes: my friend destroyed that along with my reset and LEDs). When I hit the PSU power switch, a li'l red light turns on near the bottom of the MoBo, and nothing else happens (absolutely nothing else, no fan movement on the PSU or anything). I assume this is because I don't have the Power button yet, but I just want to be sure. Also, when people refer to MoBo beep codes, where does the beep come from? Your speakers? If not, where?! THANKS!

Beefpops said:
When I hit the PSU power switch, a li'l red light turns on near the bottom of the MoBo, and nothing else happens (absolutely nothing else, no fan movement on the PSU or anything).!

That is what it's supposed to do until it gets the power-on command; it's something of a standby LED, it's always on if your PSU has power.

you need the power switch and reset switches minimum. If you go to a local comuter builder, they might sell you a header (cable with connectors) for Power sw, reset sw, HD led, power led. Or you could buy a new case, they all come with the proper cable.

The beeps come from the pc speaker when hooked up by this header/cable.

make your freind buy you the cable or case....

Actually, if you can just short the two power-on pins (have the header, the wires, but no button, touch the wires together), the PC will turn on. This is how I used to turn on my comp at LANs, everybody loved the ghettoness of it :D

JoT said:
Actually, if you can just short the two power-on pins (have the header, the wires, but no button, touch the wires together), the PC will turn on. This is how I used to turn on my comp at LANs, everybody loved the ghettoness of it :D

Edit: Forgot, once you get your system on, you can set in the BIOS the power-on via keyboard command. So no need for a power button, anyway :D

Uh..Edit 2?: I hit quote when I meant to hit Edit lol

you need the power switch and reset switches minimum
Also...you don't need a reset switch. Just a power button. :) You can reset by turning off, waiting a couple seconds, then back on.

Back