• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S people, I need some BIOS instruction>>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eeglot

just got this board version 1.2 with a Barton XP 2500, corsair XMS pc 3200 512 stick.

I have burned it in and see temps about 37 idle 41-42 load, but seems to stay pretty consistant at about 40, with a Vantec Aeroflow HSF.

SAy I want to go up to 176 CPU FSB, so like 176 X 10.5. How should I set the CPU FSB/DRAM ratio, and what does that setting actually do? If its 5/5, will that synch the ram? Do I leave it at auto? Can I set it so that I can run DDR 400? I had it at the default "by SPD",a nd it would boot up DDR400, but at 166 FSB, and lower, 3DMArk 2001 would not run, it would crash, so when I set it to auto, it booted DDR333, and 3D MArk runs good like that.

I have it set to auto now and it boots with DDR333, I thought this was appropriate because I am still running stock 166X11 with the 2500.

Can someone help me out with the Ram speed in relation to the CPU FSB, and how this is set in the NF7 BIOS?
BTW, I am running the current 16 BIOS.

Thanks for the help in advance!

OP
E

eeglot

thats what I thought Jeff, but I am not familiar with how they had that layed out.

Thanks