• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shan

hey everyone,
I've seen some refurb. moboz on newegg (cheap). planning on getting a nf7-s. 1) what's the difference between nf7-s and nf7-m or nf7? 2) I will probly get a rev. 1.2 board. is it a good rev.? what's new in rev. 2.0?
if rev. 1.2 is bad, should I get an A7N8X instead ( low rev. also )?
Ok, thx in advance.

rugbyroy

try to get the 2.0 it's newest, and the best. the nf7 is just the regular version, nf7-s has soundstorm and some other goodies, nf7-m I believe is an nf7-s plus video. IMO the asus is inferior to the nf7-s.

timmyqwest

Disabled
Dont get an a78nx, i was going to...glad i didnt

As for the nf7, dont get a v1.2 as the v2.0 supports 200mhz FSB stock...ie it's not an overclock to the board to run 200 mhz FSB. (the newest AMD chip is gonna have a 400mhz FSB)

ocerguy

Registered
Either the NF7-S 2.0 or 1.2 I use the 1.2 now and I have no complaints plus abit has almost everything fixed with the latest bios 18 release for the 1.2 I think the 2.0 only has one bios revision.

OP
S

shan

I want to get 200Mhz FSB. hmmm...so should I get Rev. 1.2? since the last bios supports 200Mhz FSB already~